QUESTION ABOUT HCG LEVELS/PREG TESTS

silversgirl

Reaction score
I AM ABOUT 8 WEEKS PREGNANT. I DID 2 PREG TEST 3 WEEKS AGO WHICH BOTH HAD STRONG RED LINES INDICATING STRONG POSITIVE RESULT. MY SYMPTOMS SEEMED TO GO A FEW EEKS AGO, I JUST DID ANOTHER PREG TEST AND THE RED LINE IS STILL THERE BUT FAINTER. DOES THIS MEAN MY HCG LEVELS HAVE DROPPED AND MY PREGNACY IS NOT OK? I DID THE OTHER TESTS FIRST THING IN THE PM AND THIS ONE JUST NOW SO THAT MAY EXPLAIN IT BUT I AM A BIT WORRIED.

Call your DR if you're worried silversgirl...better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck
Pea x

What brand of test are you using, and have you used the same brand of tests each time, cause different makes are more sensitive than others.

Like Peanut says if you contact your doctor they will do blood tests to mease your HCG levels and may give you an early scan. How many weeks along now are you?

HELLO. I DID USE THE SSAME BRAND BOTH TIMES. I AM ABOUT 8 WEEKS SINCE MY LAST AF.

Sorry I didnt notice you put the time on your origional post!

Firstly try not to worry, your tests could wel be affected by being taken at different times of day, and different amounts of fluid intake can affect how concentrated the hormone is.

The chnage in symptoms may not be anything as they can often come and go to start with. I would have thought that if you were going to miscarry due to a drop in HCG levels you would be having bleeding, cause their would be nothing to stop your body expelling the baby. Missed misscarrages normally happen as a result of the baby dying at some point, but the body not realising, so the hormone is still being produced, if that makes sense. Try doing another test, at the same time as you usually would, and if your really concerned contact your GP. But unless your having pain or bleeding Im sure you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back