• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

putting on weight for 4-6 month old

ozzy

Reaction score
Hi, I go to the clinic every 2 weeks to have baby weighed. he was putting on 1ib 2 oz roughly every 2 weeks. the last 2 times i have gone he has only put on 8oz in 2 weeks. how much does your LO put on each week for a 4-6 month old. my LO is about 15ibs.thanksx

El is nearly 14lbs, her growth slowed right down after 12 weeks, she used to put on half a pound-1lb a week, now it's half a pound roughly every 2 weeks which is normal. How old is your LO?

they do slow down in weight gain as they become naturally more active and therefore burn off a lot of what they intake

if the HV isn't concerned then you have nothing to worry about! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I get Oliver weighted every 2 weeks too. Normally his weight gain is quite good - at least 7oz in 2 weeks. But 4 weeks ago I took him & he'd only put on 3oz in 2 weeks. The HV said this was fine - and as it happens I then started introducing solids and when I got him weighed 2 weeks after that he'd put on 14oz.... he obviously likes his food eh! :rotfl:

I'd say as long as he's gaining some weight there's no real need to worry. Your HV would say something if she was concerned.

poppy160 said:
El is nearly 14lbs, her growth slowed right down after 12 weeks, she used to put on half a pound-1lb a week, now it's half a pound roughly every 2 weeks which is normal. How old is your LO?

my lo is 6 half months however he was prem and is more like 4 half months ( if u know what i mean)
i guess i hve no need to worry if he is stll gaining weight. he was 14 ib 10 oz 2 weeks ago and will be weighed on tue. cos he was a prem i think im a bit too obsessed by his weight and want him to catch up :( i just cant help but compare him to other babies

ozzy said:
my lo is 6 half months however he was prem and is more like 4 half months ( if u know what i mean)
i guess i hve no need to worry if he is stll gaining weight. he was 14 ib 10 oz 2 weeks ago and will be weighed on tue. cos he was a prem i think im a bit too obsessed by his weight and want him to catch up :( i just cant help but compare him to other babies

My LO is also a preme. He's 6months old, but only 4.5 corrected (he was 6 weeks early).

He's a total bloater tho - on the 91st centile of his growth chart & weighed 19lb 11oz last week :rotfl:

When i got ryan weighed a month ago he was 13 lb 12oz, im gonna get him weighed on tuesday. but im obsessed with where he is on the chart lol before he was on the 50th and now hes a smudge above the 25th. hopefully he's followed the line when i get him weighed on tuesday. everyone keeps big!! and because i got bullied for being fat i really dont want him to be like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back