pulling himself up

gangofgin

Reaction score
Alex has been crawling for about a month now, and yesterday I was on the phone and I looked round and he'd crawled over to his toys pulled himself up on it and was stood playing with them, I don't know how long he'd been there. He kept letting go, but I was watching for about 2 minutes and he was letting go and then, having a wobble and then grabbing hold of it again. I was quite shocked as he isn't 7 months yet.

Well this morning hes done exactly the same twice now, crawled over and pulled himself up and stood there playing

I'm amazed at my little man, but I'm worried about his legs, they look so tiny. My friend said a couple of months ago that it can damage their legs is they start walking/putting too much weight on them early. Is this true? I've had a look around and some places say the same, but others say its an old wives tale.

Wow that's brilliant, get the video camera out and catch him on film it must be funny (funny as in cute) to see him wobbling (or am I just :evil: ).

I wouldn't have thought it could do damage to his legs, Ive never heard of such rubbish. If your son is ready to stand and support himself then his legs can take it, if he was in pain he wouldn't do it and if there was a medical reason not to let babies stand on their legs before a certain age them im sure we would all know about it, the internet would be rife with info.

Go Alex well done :clap:

typical! I just got the camera out, filmed him for 2 minutes of trying to pull himself up, he finally got up and was there about 5 seconds before falling backwards and having a right old scream.

I have heard that if your baby has a pre existing condition like clicky hips then helping them stand can cause more damage... but not in normal babies and not if they can stand on their own :D ... that means everything is sufficiently developed enough to support them and you don't need to worry :D Tia was doing this at 6 months and just under 3 months later she was walking.... you have been warned :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's an old wives tale hun, my MIL used to tell me off for letting ds stand up but I asked my HV and a GP friend & they said if baby wasn't ready to stand up he wouldn't! ds was pulling himself up by 6 months and walking by 9 :D

Well done lo:clap: he'll be running around before you know it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back