Public Transport

AugustMum

Reaction score
Ok so this is just something I was curious about. At the moment Im living in London so have to get the bus or tube everywhere. Im 22 weeks now but dont really have much of a bump at all, so people just assume Ive got a beer belly! Which I dont blame them for at all lol. But I just wondered how many people get offered seats on buses or tubes or just anywhere really?

I've just got one of the 'Baby on Board' badges, just so people realise its a baby bump and not just tub, but I find it a little embarressing to wear really. Anyone got experience of wearing it or did people not bother?

This is for anywhere really, not just people in london. A friend of mine wasn't offered a seat at all during her pregnancy on the buses in Gloucestershire even when she was 8 months gone!! Has all politeness gone out the window?!

I had one of those badges. I got it free in a pregnancy mag. I didnt want to wear it on my clothes so popped it on my bag where it was visible.

I was never offered a seat during pregnancy and I used public transport daily until 6 weeks before due date. Maybe I should have stuck the badge on my forehead??

(I'm in Newcastle :))

Yeah I thought about putting it on my bag instead. I use the bus more than anything and I always get really dirty looks from people if I dont get up for an older person (even though there is someone whos only about 40 sat next to me). But I find it uncomfortable standing up, especially on a bus! I fell over the other day and I was stood still...Im awful if Im on something thats moving!!

I cant believe noone offered you a seat. I cant understand people. Before (and even now) I always offered my seat to people I thought needed it more.

I haven't been on public transport but had a chinese the other night and when I was waiting wasn't offered anywhere to sit - there were 6 seats available, one was being used by a bloke and his girlfriend was kind of perched on his knee, and the other 5 (yes, 5!) were being used by 1 man and his 4 kids. I even gave him a pleading look as my hips were killing but he didn't bat an eyelid.

I went to the dr`s yesterday and there was no seats and a lady got up so i could sit down :S then i felt bad having her seat lol x

I was working in London when I was pregnant with Sam and hardly anyone gave up seats for me - the only people who did were old ladies who clearly needed them more than I did! I was standing on the bus to Waterloo one night and got really dizzy and thought I was going to faint so I was holding on to one of the upright bar things and crouching on the floor and everyone just completely ignored me!

Thats usually the way, the only people who notice you might need a seat are the ones who need it themselves. I find the tube makes me dizzy and feel sick quite alot...never nice.

Becks - Glad someone gave you a seat! I think Id just keep saying thank you to them lol. I suppose its so quiet in the dr's and theres nowhere for anyone to go so I think I would of felt awkward too lol

The only real sickness I had with Sam was when I was on the bus/tube... I used to get dizzy all the time but I guess everyone just keeps their heads down and ignores everyone else as much as possible :roll: Probably thought I'd been drinking or something!

I remember once, when i was pregnant with Hayden i was 36 weeks on my way to antenatal clinic at hospital and the bus was full, and an old lady got on with a little shopper thing, as she was getting on, I looked around and thought 'is anybody going to stand up and let her sit down!?' and as she got further onto the bus nobody still stood up, so i gave her my seat and then as soon as I stood up a man in his 30s offered me his seat! I was baffled!!! xxx

Oo this is an interesting one! I think it's awful how nobody gets up for people who needs seats more than them, I can't imagine letting a pregnant lady or an old person stand up on a bus, for me it's just something you DON'T do. I'll have to test out the Swansea buses when I get a little bigger, knowing me I'll end up losing it and telling some chav to stand up!

I must admit tho when i was pregnant 4yrs ago i was in enfield alot and i used to manage to get a seat on the bus and i used to get everyone givin me dirty looks but i didnt move as i had a huge bump lol. the woman that let me sit down was just waiting for her mate who was clearly at her booking in appt (she came out with a bounty pack) so i think thats y she let me sit down x

People make me sick! Its terrible. I have a habit of opening my mouth so I would probably ask for a seat if I really needed to sit down. It goes to show how selfish and thoughtless people really are. Grr!

I've started to really dislike joe public in general, and being pregnant isn't helping lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back