• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

people rant

im sorry u've had a crap few days hunny!

i must say though, i'm from london, born and raised and still live here now. to me, its the best city in the world and i've been to a few!

the problem is that most people who come go to the west end, oxford street etc - which is 90% full of people...who aren't from london!!

areas such as chelsea, kensington, notting hill, chiswick are lovely and if i could afford to live there id do it rather than anywhere else in the UK.

because of work i often have to travel to other parts of the UK and usually can't wait to get back to london!

i know most people come for work but it is the most populated part of the country with people moving from across the globe...can't be that bad!?

xxx

Judging by the places you just mentioned it sounds like you live in West London too! I say West but I've moved out closer to Heathrow but im from West!

I kive is SW London as well :) but work just outside so get on a train, i do have to go into town sometomes but hate the tube. A lot of people can be rude, definitely avoid Oxford street and the like, its deadly. Thats why we got out of London for our holiday. London is a great city but a pg lady should stay away from the central London, too many tourists

I live in Bristol and have to go to London about twice a month for work and I cant wait to leave it and get home. Its just a gentler pace of life here. I feel so dirty after a visit to London, covered in grime and the polution gives me a headache within an hour of getting there (so sorry to be negative for those of you who love it, but I did live there for a year, in Hampstead which is supposed to be nice, and I would never ever consider it again).

But its not just London, I have to say though that I'm very intollerant of rudeness everywhere, I shout "You're Welcome!" at people who dont thank me for letting them past and stuff, and I always give up my seat to old people whilst commenting loudly on the lack of decency of people who dont. LOL, I bet I sound like a nightmare, but I hate bad manners, such a small consideration could make this whole country a much happier place to live in, and especially for pregnant women!

Rant rant rant.

I live in Bristol and have to go to London about twice a month for work and I cant wait to leave it and get home. Its just a gentler pace of life here. I feel so dirty after a visit to London, covered in grime and the polution gives me a headache within an hour of getting there (so sorry to be negative for those of you who love it, but I did live there for a year, in Hampstead which is supposed to be nice, and I would never ever consider it again).

But its not just London, I have to say though that I'm very intollerant of rudeness everywhere, I shout "You're Welcome!" at people who dont thank me for letting them past and stuff, and I always give up my seat to old people whilst commenting loudly on the lack of decency of people who dont. LOL, I bet I sound like a nightmare, but I hate bad manners, such a small consideration could make this whole country a much happier place to live in, and especially for pregnant women!

Rant rant rant.

I know lots of lovely people that live in London its just a shame that the city centre is so dirty and smelly and that river makes me wanna puke. Some lovely wee towns on the outskirts though. I felt very dirty when I visited too, the smells ect seem to just stick.

:)

I grew up in London, I have to say it never bothered me until I was pregnant with Pudding, then I notice how sh*tty people can be. But I'm a gobby cow, I would wait a minute for someone to offer me a seat, then if they didn't I'd pick someone, grin really over-friendly and go "Scuse me love, mind giving up your seat for a pregnant lady?" :) They can hardly refuse then, or they'd look like a tosser. I get more annoyed now at the way people don't seem to care about shoving little kids- shove me all you want, I can stand up for myself, but don't you dare do it to a vulnerable small child.

But what I hate the most on public transport, I find happens everywhere- the Panic To Get On The Train Or Bus. Why can't people understand the bloody simple rule of "Wait for people to get off before you try to get on"? FFS, especially when it's a bus, it's not like the damn thing is going to go without you. I think it's so rude and pathetic, I've often run my mouth off at those morons when they've pushed their way down the aisle as some people woman struggles to get her buggy and kids off. Grr.

I've just moved out of London and happily go back. I think rude and ignorant people are everywhere in the world!

X

I think it is def a worldwide thing not just a London thing but some places are easier to avoid it, where I live I can drive from my house to work so no public transport and I can avoid the town centre at lunch as I take packups. Funny tho how crowds never bothered me before, my fave place in the world is Hong Kong which is London x a billion for crowds, and I did a weekend in London last year and despite the grime and polution I loved it, I am happy to push my way around, but then add a baby bump and suddenly your confidence disappears its not an option to push your way through as you have to protect your tummy, ur to exhausted to stand up and every little thing seems much more deadly!!!

I would never have dreamed of pushing a pregnant lady or make one stand if I had a seat! The mentality of some people is shocking!!!! We should all harness our hormones and fight back lol.....if I can just find the energy!!!!

Oh you poor thing I feel your pain :(
With baby #1, we lived in Chiswick and I worked in the City so it meant getting the tube there and back every day...and in the six months that I was pregnant there (before we moved to NZ) I could count on one hand the number of times I was offered a seat on the tube. But it's like any big city, people are so caught up in their own busy worlds and lives that they literally do not notice the things that are under their noses - big bumps included :)

I was pushed OFF the train yest morning and pushed down a bus yest eve! Grrr!

I was born in Ireland but have been living here in London since I was 2, I have to admit there are a lot of jerks around here but a lot are not from London either but live here, my hubby works in the post office so he comes across a lot of rude people but they are from all over to be honest but just live here in London, I think you will find jerks all over the place regardless of where they are from, sorry you didn't have a nice time.

My hubby has had Christopher Lee come in to his post office before but he said he is really tall and kinda scary in real life too lol so he didn't ask for his autograph but he did get me Patrick Stewart's autograph which seriously made my day as I'm a huge Star Trek fan :dance:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back