Professional Photo's

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

just wondered as i know many of you have had professional photo's of your babies done - just how much it cost you and also what you got?

Along way off yet, but i was talking to OH last night about Christmas, as baby girl will be born just 2 months before Christmas and i told him i would love to get a professional picci of her done once she is born, then had an idea that we could get it done and get the photo framed for both my mum and OHs mum as a christmas present....BUT....we wont have much money what with Christmas around the corner - so just wondered what prices you paid girls?

:D

I'm really lucky. My OH is starting to set up his own business in photography. All he is waiting on is the arrival of his backdrops and he'll be about ready to go. But my work bought my leaving pressie as a photo session after baby was born. For 6 very small prints is £40 with sitting fee of £40! It's not cheap really.

Keep an eye out in you local shopping centres for photographers with offers like one large photo for £5! Not goingto be as great as in a studio but Ih ave had my kiddies done by them a few times and they are lovely pics! I had one with my Lucy (about 9 months) sat in a flower pot! So cute! You can usually buy more if you like but you dont have to and I think its great value for money!

Pixifoto!!! I always go for the freebie! When Angel was born i got some vouchers for freebies at different stages of her life. In the meantime they cost like £4.99 with a big one free, then after that it's like £25 for a 10x8 sized picture. I have a couple of lovely ones from there.

I got mine done with Pixiphoto too. We got about 5 big ones and loads of smaller ones for about £180ish :wink:

They're not cheap like.

I'd love a massive one of the kids but even for smaller ones you're looking at quite a high price :(

I've got free vouchers for Pixifoto but I've never taken Ryan, for the simple reason that when you go, they give you the free print but then pressure you into spending £100's more and it totally does my head in :roll:

~*Leanne*~ said:
Along way off yet, but i was talking to OH last night about Christmas, as baby girl will be born just 2 months before Christmas and i told him i would love to get a professional picci of her done once she is born

:D

IMO It'd be better to wait a few more months until you can get smiles on demand/sitting up/playing with toys etc.

I am going to get Evie done at the end of september- It's a free sitting but no doubt I'll end up spending a FORTUNE on photos! :roll:

Snuggle said:
I got mine done with Pixiphoto too. We got about 5 big ones and loads of smaller ones for about £180ish :wink:

Can you not just get one photo done and then go to somewhere like Klick and get them copied?! :D

~*Leanne*~ said:
Snuggle said:

Can you not just get one photo done and then go to somewhere like Klick and get them copied?! :D

You'll probably find that you have to sign something that says they own the copyright or something else they'd never make any money ;)

We spent a grand on professional photos of us and DD... now Green Bean is here I feel really bad as there are tonnes of really posh looking pics on the walls and he's not in them!

My friend got a small canvas thing from the Bounty photographer that came round the ward - it was £40 and not huge but not tiny.
Next also do a reasonable sized canvas print for £40ish

We had a photoshoot done and it cost £400 but well worth it. Got a huge one of me and harrison and a montage of both of us in colour and another small one for sean. All framed :D

mothercare, they have a photo place & you will get the sitting free and a free picture, this is done at different stages of your baby life up to 2 years i think it is, my mate is having her 9month pic of her son done this friday

Leanne depending where you are in Sheffield i know that my friend has had LOADS done of her little boy at Boots in Rotherham ( park gate) they have a studio there. i think thats with pixiphoto and she got LOADS and LOADS for around £200, they spent an hour with them and had him dressed in so many different outfits and settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back