Private scan advice please

saffydreamer

Reaction score
hello all im 9 weeks preg today, and me and oh have decided on having a early pregnancy scan just to make sure everythings okay, what id like to know is can anyone go to the private hospital and pay for one? or do we need a refferal from my gp?
and usually how long does it take to get a private scan appointment?
thanks in advance xxxxx

I would like to know this too as I am seeing the midwife for the first time on monday and will be booking a private scan if I can't get an early one on NHS :)

ive just emailed the woodingdean nuffield to see what they say as thats the only place i an find that does private scans, i will feel so much better going for one!

I just rang up my local private hospital and asked for a viability scan. We didn't get a referral.

rang the nuffield and the scanner man was on leave until the end of feb, they made me feel a right plank asking what the problem is and why do i need a scan! i said it was just for peace of mind and she said your wasting your money all you will see is a blob and and a heartbeat, omg! feel like ive been told off lol

my god that's very unprofessional

I cant believe they said that to you :evil: :evil:

A heartbeat is a great thing to see, I was told that if there's a good heartbeat then there's a 95% chance of a healthy pregnancy :cheer:

I put in dating scan in google and chose a place close to me from there

xxxxxxxxxxx

I rang the nuffield in stoke on trent last week for a private scan has the nhs would let me have a 12 week one cause they gave me one at 9+5 .

And i nearly died at the price they wanted 265 quid off me for a standard scan i said no chance .

After some hard searching on google i found a company that does them in 2D,3D and 4D and they were only going to charge me 50 quid .

So i would suggest doing some hard searching on google

saffydreamer said:
rang the nuffield and the scanner man was on leave until the end of feb, they made me feel a right plank asking what the problem is and why do i need a scan! i said it was just for peace of mind and she said your wasting your money all you will see is a blob and and a heartbeat, omg! feel like ive been told off lol

Bloody hell, how awful! :evil:

My friend had one done at a place in Horsham, I will get the name and number from her and see how she did it and let you you know saffy

xxx

sazzleevans said:
tried bupa??

Emailed Bupa and they told me I would have to have a referral from my GP but thought if there are other places that don't requite that, surely that has got to be easier?

:shock: i had a great experience at the Nuffield in Glasgow. I phoned on the Tuesday morning and had my scan on the Wednesday evening. It was a great experince and the Doc was really nice and the scan pic was excellent. He even put the sound right up so we could hear the heartbeat. Everyone there was really nice and it only cost £75!

julie they told me they dont do scans at 9 weeks only one at 6-8 weeks which is 130 pounds and 1 at 11.4 days and 14 weeks which is 149 pounds, she said if you really want to waste your money come in between 11.4 and 14 weeks, she was a evil witch :cry:
i looked into the babybond centre but the nearest is essex me and oh dont drive so will be a prob!
looks like we are going to wait, noway am i going to the nuffield in woodingdean, :x
saffs xxxxxxx

That's awful saffy :shock: . Each one must be different. The Nuffield here offer scans at any time during pregnancy and the basic one is only £75. The 3D/4D and sexing scans are a lot more expensive tho.

hope you can find a decent place soon :hug:

I went to the baby bond place in south london, maybe if you're in brighton it'd be easier to get there on a train than try and get to essex?
It cost 75 and they were lovely, I rang on friday and got an appointment for the following morning.

There is absolutely no excuse for that woman to be so rude to you. A reassurance scan at any week of pregnancy is well worth the money and grrr, I just want to ring her up and have a rant at her myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back