PRIVATE HEALH INSURANCE - HEL!!

Sardinia

Reaction score
Hi !
I would like to have a private health insurance before i get pregnant.
Does anyone have one and if so, which one? :D

I don't have any but a friend's sister has Axa and they have been really good. She has unfortunately been recently diagnosed with breast cancer and has had excellent fast treatment so far

I have been with AXA and BUPA. At the end of the day you are going into BUPA hospitals so it really does not make a huge difference. I have used it twice. Once was when i found a lump in my breast, it was removed the next day (was ok btw) and the other time was when i got Egypt belly on Holiday and it did not go.

I don't know of any that cover you for pregnancy related things.

Would be nice if a health insurance covered pregnancy, i would love to have aprivate birth just because i have heard the treatment is so much better then a nhs hospital.

I have BUPA's top package and that still doesn't cover routine pregnancy stuff. I'm also under Pru Health through hubby's work, but again no cover for maternity stuff. We are, however, paying for a private birth - basically we get to keep our fertility consultant who will do all ante-natal appts, scans as often as we want, and he will be in charge of the labour, do the delivery and c-section if needed. He'll also see us up until 6-8 weeks after the birth. I will be in an NHS hospital, but private room. You may want to see if your hospital offers something similar (I live in Bucks). We did look at fully private, but don't want to make the journey into London and we have known our consultant for the past 18 months, so trust him.

HTH

I've got Private Health Care and it doesn't cover maternity either....think it's because only illnesses are covered and as pregnancy isn't an illness and is usually planned it doesn't get covered by any policies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back