Pregnant safe products. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Debh09, May 5, 2016.

1. Debh09

Debh09 Active Member

From my last pregnancy I remember that it was best to avoid shampoos with sodium laurel sulphate, deodorants without aluminium in, alcohol free mouthwash and to avoid whitening toothpaste. Anyone recommend any products? I can find toothpaste and mouthwash easy enough but shampoo I'm struggling. Last pregnancy I got dgj organics glossy brunette which was great but they don't seem to stock anywhere anymore. Trying to find body wash without sls too. Deodorant wise I found a great one which was Bionsen deodorant spray. Undecided with regards to dying my hair too. Seems mixed what they say about how safe it is.

2. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Iv been using anything i wanted oops. Only thi g i stopped was witch products.

3. kat.

kat. Well-Known Member

Iv never heard of it and just use what I always have xx

4. scn

scn Well-Known Member

Just use my usual products too x

5. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

Same, just used normal products

6. Debh09

Debh09 Active Member

I can't even remember how I came across about sls etc. First time round. It's just pretty much precautionary stuff to do with certain chemicals in products. Nothing proven to my knowledge to definitely be bad.

7. YorksLass

YorksLass Well-Known Member

Don't know about shampoos, but for hair dying, I've just done it once in the pregnancy and found a natural, plant based one at Holland and barrett. Covered the grey strands ok lol

8. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

I've also just used all my normal products but have stopped colouring my hair x

9. Debh09

Debh09 Active Member

It just seems so confusing at times haha! It's like a lot of theories of what may not be safe.

10. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

I use toiletries without SLS & parabens all the time anyway.

I use Faith In Nature shampoo (most health food shops stock it) or Lavera Basis shampoo (which I buy off amazon)

For deodorant I use Toms (again, health food shops sock it), but I dunno if they are really that great as they are owned by Colgate or the makers of Colgate. I only use it very occasionally though (if I'm going out and think I will need it), I find I really don't need to use it much (I don't smell, honest haha!!!)

Oh and Soap I use a bar and again either use Faith In Nature or Olive oil soap from the health food shop lol.