Pregnant and loosing my job :(

keelie_b

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if i will get any kind of maternity pay?
Basically I've been in my job 3 years, 4 months ago i was promoted to store manager. Unfortunately the shop will be closing within 3 months so i will be made redundent and by then theres no chance of me getting another job.
I will get a redundency package but that wont last me forever.

So does anyone know what i could claim? is there like a maternity pay i can claim from the government or something?
I have tried to research this but im finding it really difficult.

And is there anything else i can claim?

Thanks anyone that replies :D

If you work from the company until you are 25 weeks pregnant you are entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay from them normally. I can't guarantee that that is still the case if you are made redundant but I should think so. If not, you will be entitled to Maternity Allowance, which is a benefit from the government for those who don't get SMP. Both are payable for up to 39 weeks and both are £117.18 a week or 90% of your normal weekly wage, whichever is lowest.

If you google Statutory Maternity Pay and Maternity Allowance you will find the government web pages giving details about them.

I'm sorry you are losing your job :(

thanks for that Kalia, you said both would be payable up to 39 weeks, what heppens after 39 weeks pregnant? do you think i'll get anything once babys here?

kalia said:
Both are payable for up to 39 weeks and both are £117.18 a week or 90% of your normal weekly wage, whichever is lowest. :(

Hi Keelie

I think Kalia means that they are both paid for a duration of 39 weeks from whenever your maternity leave starts

Yes, that's what I meant - it wasn't very clear the way I put it, sorry. I should also have said that if I remember correctly you can start maternity leave from 29 weeks pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back