Pregnant again after nine years!!!!

timsmom

Reaction score
OH MY GOODNESS WHAT A SHOCK. I THOUGHT MY BABY DAYS WERE WELL AND TRULY OVER. I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT I AM SEVEN WEEKS PREGNANT AND DUE ON 12 TH APRIL 08. ARE THERE ANY OLDER MUMS OUT THERE?. I'M 36 AND THIS WILL BE MY THIRD PREGNANCY ALTHOUGH I LOST THE FIRST AT 40 WEEKS .

I AM STRUGGLING WITH MY FEELINGS SO MUCH AT THE MOMENT, I SEEM TO LURCH BETWEEN OUT RIGHT PANIC AND QUIET DELIGHT AND THE TEARS KEEP FLOWING FOR SOME REASON. ANYONE ELSE FEELING THE SAME?

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I can understand that you'd be shocked after 9 years but it's always wonderful news. I bet once it sinks in you will be like the rest of us and feel really elated. It's always a worry being pregnant - as I am finding out but I'm really pleased for you. What does your OH think? Is he happy? :hug:

Thanks for replying - OH absolutely delighted, he always wanted more kids but after what happened with our first baby, we were just happy and relieved to have a healthy little boy second time around.

However , I just hadn't banked on waiting 9 years to have my next child. I keep reading everywhere that mums are leaving it later to start their families but there don't see to be many older mums on the forum

When are you due, do you have any children already or is this your first time??

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

I'm 36 and just had my third, and I definitely don't consider myself to be an older mum!

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

I don't really consider myself an older mum and I never got past 15 in my head anyway so that will stand me in good stead. Suppose I'm just in a bit of a panic really, this was totally not in the plan for this year(I am a bit of a control freak)

I just can't wait to tell my other son Tim. He has always said he'd like a brother (could be difficult if it's a girl) Will wait till after first scan though, just so we know everything is looking ok.

lol...my mom was 36 when after nine years of having my brother discivered she was 5 months pregnant with me :)

Congratulations!

I'm expecting my 2nd (due Dec) and my DD is 9yrs old. I'm 32 (will be 33 when LO born) I'm sure you'll soon get over the shock and get used to the idea.

I'm sure as you get further along you'll meet loads of mums of a similar age. (just like you see babies everywhere you go as soon as you get that BFP!!)

It was only April that we found out, but already feels so long ago for me. I've come a long way and now feels as though this baby has been on the way for ever and everything is falling into place.

I'm usually lingering in 2nd tri but float around. Feel free to ask anything!

Good luck!

Ladybird x

Congrats on your pregnancy! It will be great having a new baby around and your son will be able to babysit :lol:

My mum had my older brother and sister when aged 20 & 21, and me and my younger brother aged 34 & 38. You'll be fine :D

Your not that old love ;)

Old mums young mums what is old what is yound really? We all feel the same way emotional and excited.

You sound excited so enjoy yourself and putting your feet up again after 9 years! :)

Im also sorry to hear about ur loss that must have been hard...

x

Congratulations and welcome hun!
i am on my fourth and i am 36 4 days after i am due! my lot are...18,16 and a very excited 12 year old, we had ivf so we are having a planned one (not that the others wasnt) so i dont consider myself old at all, my oh is 44 (just turned) we are going for another after this one probably late next year.x

Congratulations!! I'm 35 and this is my first. My mum was had a nine year gap between my two brothers then 14 months after 2nd brother had me (at 36). The good thing she said about such a big gap was that there was no jealousy at all :D

congrats on your pregnancy and your never to old for nothing :)

enjoy the prgnancy and may u have more babys after this one :wink:

:wave: :hug: :dance:

Congratulations!! Great news - what a lovely surprise!

I had my first "surprise" when I was 37! Totally unexpected :shock:

Now - my daughter will be seven when this baby (surprise no 2. lol) comes along :dance: :dance:

I'm 44 now :shock: :shock: never too old lmao :cheer:

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement. I am usually a very positive person, this has just caught me on the hop a bit. My husband is so pleased and his positivity will rub off. I am still tearful but I guess hormones don't help and I really hope it will pass. My last pregnancy was fraught with anxiety and I really want to enjoy this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back