Pregnant after so long a wait!?!

hayleyA

Reaction score
we found out a week ago that we are pregnant after waiting 8 years, we are so happy, I really am but I am soooo scared to be too excited, I'm staying really calm, people must be thinking 'well she does'nt seem very pleased" I am honestly!! i've been trying to work out how far gone I am, i have a really long cycle 35 days, I'm getting different dates on all the websites offering due date calendars?? then i think well i'm not going to the toilet much something must be wrong, i feel like i'm going mad? i know it will all be worth it, has anyone else felt like me??? thanx for listening

Hi Hayley!

I feel exactly the same as you (but haven't been trying as long) - my OH keeps asking me if I'm happy because I'm not jumping through the ceiling with delight! I feel serene and calm but also so scared - I can't let myself get my hopes up until I see that first scan because until then, I don't think I'll believe it.

I am also getting different due dates so I am just going to go on what the doc/midwife says this week and try and disregard all the internet sites etc.

I have quite strong symptoms (I think) - exhaustion (going to bed at 8.30pm), nausea, feel full up all the time then STARVING, tender abdomen, slight cramps, lower backache etc but then I worry about all the symptoms that I've not got - like I don't need to wee all the time and I haven't been sick - so does this mean something is wrong?

I am going to see the m/w tomorrow and I think I'll feel a lot more chilled out after this. My main problem at the moment is that I can't quite believe it and keep thinking that all the 5 tests were wrong and I must be imagining things - I just can't seem to believe it!

Good luck with everything and keep in touch!

Valentine xxx

CONGRATULATIONS!

And I think you ARE going mad. That's a good sign. Pregnancy does that to you.

Take it one day at at time. Then one morning you'll wake up and find you're past the scary 12-week mark. And later, you'll wake up and realise you've hit 24 weeks, and that if things went wrong and your baby came, it would stand a chance of surviving. Then you'll suddenly realise you're at 37 weeks, and if baby comes, it won't even be early!

Well done!

TM

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back