Pregnancy symptoms after birth

crackers24

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering when pregnancy symptoms stop. Do they come to a sudden halt straight after LO pops out :eek: or does it take some time after for the hormones to act normally again?

Thanks in advance for your replies xxx

Hormones tend to run haywire for a little while after giving birth. Takes a while to settle down. You may find yourself crying for no reason the first week or so after your LO arrives.

It takes a while. After Luke was born all I had to do was look at him and I burst into tears because I love(d) him so much. It was crazy. Obviously, I still love him and still cry sometimes because I love him so much it hurts, but not in a hormonal way. :D

Physically, heartburn eased pretty much immediately thank God! Pains from SPD about a week or 2 but I didn't have it mega bad like others did. All I can remember! Apart from the hormonal things as the other girls mentioned.

Oh, my craving for bath sponges took a while to go, about 6 months. Still get it now actually when I'm anxious about stuff.

Heartburn stopped straight away in fact I knew they had lifted LO out (emerg section) as my heartburn disappeared all of a sudden...boy that was a relief.

I had spd and that went near straight away, though I still get back pain thats unrelated to spd...I have back probs which were exacerbated in pregnancy...

When I had a bath the next day...I remember clearly feeling 'kicks' and thinking ah that's lovely, rubbing my 'bump' and then looking down and realising I wasn't pregnant anymore! That was weird and took a few days to go...

Thats all I can remember..this is taking me back now!!

Helen :)

i wasnt hormonal during pregnancy really. but about 4days after giving birth i was a hormonal mess! would cry at the drop of a hat and felt terrible really. not myself at all. but it was gone within about 2 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back