pre eclampsia

Skysara

Reaction score
Im being monitored twice a week for this now, high bp, a bit of protein and swollen legs. They nearly kept me in on Friday because the protein was 2+ (whatever that means) but lots of orange squash later gave me a better reading. So remember to drink loads if you are tested!Oh and slightly anaemic too, no wonder Im tired!

I think I better pack my bags as they said to expect a stay in before baby comes and its highly unlikely I will go to term. Getting a bit nervous now. :shock:

Oh hun - get that bag packed. My friend had pre-eclampsia and she went in at 35 weeks and had her baby at 36 weeks. All is well with her now though so don't be stressing out about it. You've done really well to get as far as you have before its effecting you too much.

Get your stuff ready, and then try and relax, its fab that you're being monitored twice a week. xxxxx

Oh hun - get that bag packed. My friend had pre-eclampsia and she went in at 35 weeks and had her baby at 36 weeks. All is well with her now though so don't be stressing out about it. You've done really well to get as far as you have before its effecting you too much.

Get your stuff ready, and then try and relax, its fab that you're being monitored twice a week. xxxxx
Can you remember what was the trigger point at which your friend had her baby, and did she have a section or naturally xx

She had a section as she'd previously had one. It was all a balancing act based on her blood pressure/amount of protein and health of baby. The tried to keep baby in as long as they could but at 36 weeks decided better out than in.

Aww glad she's all ok now, thanks for the reply, I guess I better just be patient and see how it all pans out!

Thats all you can do - its hard i know - this was the cause of my 2 night stay in hospital last week - high BP and a trace of protein was given tablets for my BP - was discharged Thursday and was back at day unit saturday and go back 2morrow - i think i will ithen be monitored - they did say they would try to get me to 37 weeks and induce if anything did rise but as i only have a week im not getting to concerned about that part - hope all goes well for u x

Last edited:
Sarl did they just keep testing you whilst you were in? Its all the upheaval I hate Id much rather be a t home but thats because I was in hospy all over Christmas with flu which was horrid as I was on a ward with ill people rather than baby people, I suppose it should be different this time!

Yeah they kept testing - the first nite i was on hourly BP checks up until 3.30am then went to 4 hourly checks the following morning when i started the BP medication-and the 4 hour checks continued - they then did a scan of baby to make sure fluid etc was all ok - they monitored baby 3 times the first day and then twice before i came home - Saturday was just BP and urine test for protein level. Hopsitals arnt the best places to be in at times .

Last edited:
Yeah they kept testing - the first nite i was on hourly BP checks up until 3.30am then went to 4 hourly checks the following morning when i started the BP medication-and the 4 hour checks continued - they then did a scan of baby to make sure fluid etc was all ok - they monitored baby 3 times the first day and then twice before i came home - Saturday was just BP and urine test for protein level. Hopsitals arnt the best places to be in at times .
crikey, do you mind me asking what your bp was?

No i cant remember exactly - it was ?/95 (sorry cant remember)when the midwife sent me to the hospital but it gradually rose up to 147/107 i think that was it i think part of that was because i was at hospital from 3.30pm to 11.00pm when they admitted me just sat worrying more and more as when they did it at 12.00pm was down a heck of lot and hasnt been back up that high.

Yes they said over 100 was a worry, thats high! Do you 'feel' any of your symptoms, I just feel so tired but i doont know how much of that is normal and how much is worry, and i dont really want to go anywhere far in case I take a turn for the worse.

I think that high reading was a one off to he honest - I feel fine hun - felt tired previously but at min im ok - i know what you mean im just resting resting resting ;-0 See how 2morrow goes that my BP is still down

I think that high reading was a one off to he honest - I feel fine hun - felt tired previously but at min im ok - i know what you mean im just resting resting resting ;-0 See how 2morrow goes that my BP is still down

Yes me too, hoping thats going to work for me too I do feel a bit better today! x :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back