Prams... 3/4 wheelers? And all terrain tyres?

timtam

Reaction score
Hi!
Hoping someone out there may be able to help. Am soooooo confused with the pram situation with so many being on the market: 4 in ones, 3/4 wheels, newborns & older.... agggh!!! So I guess what I'm hoping for is a bit of a poll on the best ones to go for.
I live in a ski resort so need it to be good on snow and good for hills aswell as normal terrain and easy to put in the car - am not asking for much am I?!! Most of the women here have 3 wheels but have heard from other mums that 4 wheels are better? Can any of you suggest a good brand???
:pray:
Thanks so much!

For where you live I'd say go with a 3 wheeler. I can't see a 4 wheeler cutting it on the snow and through mush tbh.

We have a Jane http://www.preciouslittleone.com/acatal ... A-H61.html

Infant carrier/pram type thing and then a pushchair once older. And really good on all terrains and has decent tyres and suspension. And also a decent brake for steep hills so don't need to use body weight to hold it back.

weve got the britax vigour 3+ and also the hauck roadster 3 wheeler , the britax is my main buggy and the hauck is kept at grandmas .

britax , has solid wheels so no punctures, it also parent faces , adustable handle ,good basket and a really good car seat infant carrier,you can also get a cot with doubles as a moses basket that all click and go on the main frame, which folds easily but its fairly wide, but this is more compact the most 3 wheelers and more lightweight then most

the hauck was only 60 brand new , air tyres and swival front wheels ,HUGE basket , folds easily but is very bulky , you wouldnt get it in a small car but its very comfy for lil one

Thanks girls,
You've definately convinced me on the 3 wheelers. At least that's halved the choice! Am gonna have a look around when I go for my scan on Tues so will check all the brands you've suggested. Big help - thanks so much x :angel:

I say a 3 wheeler too! We also have the Jane Slalom Pro and it is brilliant. Steers perfectly one handed and is all terrain! :D

I have the Mamas and papas 03 sport which is brilliant. We take it dog walking down footpaths and LO falls asleep in it because of the suspension and soft ride. Also if you get the Primo Viaggio car seat, you can attach it to the buggy so your LO is facing you.

I love my 3 wheeler :D . Steer it with one hand and turns on a sixpence. It's a Mothercare own brand Urban detour so wasn;t expensive.

Hey there

Im not a mummy just yet but Im looking for a tough pram too as i do loads of walking. Im considering the Maxi Cosi Mura 3 wheel.

This review on the net has nearly convinced me...

"I have been a nanny for nearly 14 years and bought this mura for my own baby. I live in the swiss alps and this buggy shows no sign of stopping in fresh or compressed snow, it fits into the back of my modest subaru justy and is easy to fold and unfold even with the baby in my arms, 10 out of 10 for this innovative and exceptional buggy from someone who is highly trained in pushing them!!!"

So it looks good for your snowy weather! :dance:

Here is a link

http://www.babyfy.com/index.php/product ... -Mura-3-4/

Have any mums out there tried this one? id love to know what you think of it... :hug:

Thanks for all the helpful messages :)
I have all of these listed and hoping I can strike a bargain (if it's at all possible!!) with one of them. I onlt came across the Jane Slalom in one of the shops nearby. Think am going to have to head to a larger town.... Still I like the Jane one though so may be the one I end up going for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back