Pram question.....confused!!

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Hello ladies.....

I am a first time Mum and I have a question about Prams as I have no idea!!! ha ha

What is the difference between a Pram and a Travel system??

I am overwhelmed....lol..help :)

xx

Hey,

Im a first time mummy too, from what I can gather a travel system is something where you can attach the car seat and carry cot or just have it in pram mode where the pram i think is just the pram! Ha ha ha or at least thats my understanding of it but I might be wrong! We are going for a travel system I think....

XX

so you get a pram and a carry cot in one type thing? lol

that sounds good then xx

Yeah on the travel system we have seen you can take the pram thing off and put on the carry cot or just the car seat, in mother care the woman was saying ohhh I hate it that mothers now leave babies in the car seat they should only be in their for a maximum of 2 hours like if you going shopping otherwise they need to be laid flat, hmmm she told me lol. I suppose if the baby is asleep in the car and you arrive somewhere you can just take the seat out of the car and put straight on the pram so hopefully dont disturb them.

X

yeah, my sis in law said she wishes she had been able to do that when they were little xx

Id recommend one with a carrycot. I had (and still use) a pushchair with all the attachments and even now Ill but the car seat on the pram if Im just popping into the supermarket for something. Although some people don't think a carrycot is needed because theyre not in it for long, you can use it as an extra bed for them during the day downstairs and if you go round to visit people you can take it with you and for long shopping trips. Definately worth it :thumbup:

You should pop into a mothercare or toys r us and just get someone to talk you through all the options and have a play. I went to both and played with loads of them!

yeah some travel systems the car seat sits on top of the pram seat , the ones where the pram seat come off and a carrycot goes in place are more expensive but worth every penny!! check out places like kiddicare, kiddisave etc online as you can nab bargains xxx

Travel systems are great, excellent for putting baby in car (in the car seat bit) then very easily putting the buggy up & clipping car seat bit into the buggy, without even having to lift baby out the seat.

You get alot of good deals on travel systems, I got mine out of toys r us -a greco one and it is buggy, car seat, rain cover, cosy toes and all for £180.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back