Pram help needed before head explodes and I lose my husband!

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Duplicate post in products and bargains as i know not everyone reads that post...please help!

Hello all,

Ok last time I promise! my dh and i have now started arguing about what we should get so in order to salvage the situation before it gets too bad i need some help!
I've been into babiesrus, mothercare and even popped over to babyworld to get advice and none of them seems to appeal.
We were going to get a graco travel system as we both agreed on it but now i think its too big for what i need it for. Then we were offered a britax voyager but that seems bulky and i've been told its quite fiddly (although I haven't actually seen it) The most recent one I've been thinking of is the Britax vigour after advice in babyworld but without the pram part as i don't think i'll really need this?
I need it for the following things:

Going to the local shops,park etc- in london so no terrain issues!
Going shopping so needs to be fairly easy to manouvere (sp!)
Will travel to the shops by car and not really by public transport
Visiting friends and family- max 2 hour journey to the furthest with a bit of traffic.
Do I need a pram part? If i'm visiting people the baby will probably be passed around or I can get bubs out of the car seat and placed on a blanket somewhere- I'm guessing here as I have no clue!
Max i'd like to spend would be about £300 if possible.
I have a Ford focus so boot size isn't a real problem but I still don't want anything too bulky and heavy.
What do you reckon- is there a pram out there for me? I can't believe how hard I'm finding this- i guess its just cos they are so much money and I don;t want my husband to blame me if I get the wrong one!
Sorry for the long post but I really am desperate!

Thanks in advance

hbq
xx

I can't be much help just didn't want to read and run I have left picking the pushchair/travel system to DH seeing as he is paying for it and has strong views of what he wants so am leaving him to it he wants a Jane Pro travel system
Hope you get there im sure you will! :hug:

Hey hun,

I've got a travel system.. a bit like this one..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mamas-Papas-Aria- ... dZViewItem

and it doesnt have a carry cot part. Its fine and folds down easily and is easy to manover etc however I wish I had a pram with the carry cot part. The reason being, if we go visiting for a couple of hours and baby falls asleep i think he'd be more comfy in a carry cot rather than the car seat part. Given my time again i'd go for the silver cross 3d one
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/b ... oss/700517

A city mini jogger - see Lozzi's post on amazing new pram. It lies flat so no need for a pram bit, a car seat will attach to it, it is really easy to steer. It folds one handed so really easy to put in a car, or take on public transport. I got mine for £160 for the pushchair.

I've got the Silver Cross 3 D system which is heavy and bulky and I'm falling out of love with it as the weeks go by...but it is good for shopping and it fully reclines.

We also have a maclaren stroller which is FAB and I would certainly advise you take a look at maclaren prams. Finn's 6 months and my only things with it are that it doesn't recline very far and you can't get much shopping in the basket.

Thanks for the replies ladies.I will check out the recommendations although I have just been browsing on kiddicare and found this one:
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 0001_14552

Which I think ticks all the right boxes as I've now decided I do want the pram part- couldn't find anyones opinions on here and there don't seem to be many reviews of it so I'm just hoping I manage to find a shop nearby that stocks it.
Thanks again![/url]

I bought quite an expensive pram which I have so far only used three times (so on average less than once a week). Both the baby and I love using a sling rather than a pram - it's great for public transport and manovering around!!! :shock: The only time it hasn't been useful is if I've wanted to try some clothes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back