Pram help needed before head explodes and I lose my husband!

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ok last time I promise! my dh and i have now started arguing about what we should get so in order to salvage the situation before it gets too bad i need some help!
I've been into babiesrus, mothercare and even popped over to babyworld to get advice and none of them seems to appeal.
We were going to get a graco travel system as we both agreed on it but now i think its too big for what i need it for. Then we were offered a britax voyager but that seems bulky and i've been told its quite fiddly (although I haven't actually seen it) The most recent one I've been thinking of is the Britax vigour after advice in babyworld but without the pram part as i don't think i'll really need this?
I need it for the following things:

Going to the local shops,park etc- in london so no terrain issues!
Going shopping so needs to be fairly easy to manouvere (sp!)
Will travel to the shops by car and not really by public transport
Visiting friends and family- max 2 hour journey to the furthest with a bit of traffic.
Do I need a pram part? If i'm visiting people the baby will probably be passed around or I can get bubs out of the car seat and placed on a blanket somewhere- I'm guessing here as I have no clue!
Max i'd like to spend would be about £300 if possible.
I have a Ford focus so boot size isn't a real problem but I still don't want anything too bulky and heavy.
What do you reckon- is there a pram out there for me? I can't believe how hard I'm finding this- i guess its just cos they are so much money and I don;t want my husband to blame me if I get the wrong one!
Sorry for the long post but I really am desperate!

Thanks in advance

hbq
xx

ok I may be soundign like a bit of a stuck record but..

http://www.babyjogger.com/cityminimain.htm and a moby wrap would be my number one choice if I had my time again so to speak..

We got the graco mosaic which is very useful as far as travelling with the infant carrier goes but it is just too labourious to push one handed and although it fits easily in my husbands ford focus it is just a pain to deal with - don't get me wrong - I love it....... but compared to my city mini it is heavy and bulky and hard to steer.

The only thing about the baby jogger is that it is not parent facing but it has really good visibility and I can see what he is up to all the time - I have taken it on the tube, on buses and it goes into my corsa with room to spare - I can hold baby smile on my shoulder, get the buggy out of the boot and unfold it with one hand, slip him in, lie him flat if he's tired and off we go. When I get back to the house I can fold it one handed and carry it up the stairs with Baby smile asleep on my shoulder and a bag of shopping in my hand.

It is an easy one handed steer, good around the park and round the shops and I actually enjoy pushing him in the buggy now rather than it being a chore...

dont worry ive been finding it just as hard! ive bought one from boots, but me and my OH have decided to take it back! i bet its the one we end up with though! lol :wall:

the only thing i would want from that pushchair that it doesnt have smile is shopping space underneath and i dont have a car. apart from that it looks pretty cool!

im loving my pliko p3 (m&p ) i got the combination so i got a carrycot with it and babe sleeps in that when im at my mums etc and its been good for him to lay flat when out and about . only thing im upset about is it doesnt face me now his growing out of carrycot nearly but he wants to see the world anyway !

i got for 260 ( from ebay) buggy , carrycot , carseat , base , rainecover , cosytoes , change bag

it is one of the lightest travelsytem/buggy on market too :D

Ive swopped my travel system recently for a silvercross pop - though if i had more money id have bought the city mini jogger as they are excellent!

Thanks for the relpies ladies. Still not decided but I think I'll go check out the ones suggested here and see how we go.
This is the most difficult thing to have to consider when you have pregnancy brain! I might just stay in the house and therefore eradicaate the need for a pram or buggy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back