Post c-section questions ??

jocymum

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I know i'm probably stressing over nowt but i'm now 10dys after my c-section and although my tummy is deflating my legs and ankles are swollen --i showed the midwife and she said they were ok as she could see an outline of the ankle bones and stuff--- but they look sooooooooo fat to me- I have always had nice slim ankles, and it's upsetting me :wall: :wall:
I am well hormonal anyway but I feel like crying when I look at my lower body, I feel as old as the hills (i'm quite old at 31 for a first time mummy :oops: ) and my nice size 8-10 figure isn't coming back--it doesn't help that my hubby and I are only getting back together after splitting during pregnancy and although we are parenting Issac together and he's being brill with all the practical stuff he is barely touching me :( :( :(
Please please tell me it will get better..................

Its early days hun, give it time, it takes weeks before your body starts to feel normal again. And by the way you are not old, i was 34 when i had Charlie in October so you are just a youngster compared to me!!!

Thanks chick-- I feel younger now :wink:
I know i'm probably expectng too much, i'm a bu88er for trying to do everything quickly....I couldn't even wait the full 40 wks could I :rotfl:

it gets better hun, ul feel so much better in non pg clothes lol!!
as for OH not touchin u, give it time hes prob just overwhelmed with all thats happened!!

My ankles took a good few weeks to go down , don't worry!

Also I am 33 and I don't feel old :lol:

As for the body everything is more or less back to the size it was except my waistline but I am not really exercising

I had never had swollen ankles or legs in my life until after my c-section. It was awful as I couldnt even get my slippers on and they looked like elephant feet...I was so upset about it.
It took a couple of weeks for the fluid to settle and my body seemed to return to normal about 4-5 months after...couldnt believe the feeling of my insides moving when I walked after the c-section :oops:
I am fitter and slimmer than before I was pregnant and all the walking with the pushchair has done wonders for me! Still got abit of a jellybelly but thats just lack of muscle tone from not exercising...well we cant have eveything now can we :think:

Yeap mine were exactly the same. My stomach has gone back to being quite flat, but I have a little roll just above and under the scar.

Wait until you're riding and mucking out again girl! - We'll be back to out washboard stomachs!! And the ankles will go down - try to not worry!!!

just wanted to send some hugs and hope you feel better bout yourself soon and things go ok with OH :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back