post-birth blood clots

EllieL

Reaction score
Hope someone can answer a yukky question for me!

I gave birht by c section on Monday, and since as expected have been losing blood. Up till now it's been fresh red blood, but this evening I've had some more pain than usual and have lost a large blood clot. My pregnancy book says to worry if clots are numerous or lemon sized. It definitely wasn't as big as a lemon but was still on the large side. Do I need to be worried????

I'm not too sure but didn't want to read and run. I had a C-section 10 days ago and am still bleeding fairly heavily with the occasional tiny clot, more like period type blood though. I'd say the occasional clot is ok but keep an eye on it xx

i've had the occasional clot after birth, but nothing huge. i think they worry if the clots are big as it might be left over placenta.

do you still have the midwife coming to visit you at home? maybe mention to them when they next come, if not, a call to them wouldn't do any harm.

i probably wouldn't though, and just see if i passed any more large ones.

I was advised (and it says in a lot of the literature too) to call in if any clots are bigger than a 50p. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back