Positive OPK.... After cancer treatment

Loobie99

Reaction score
Hiya all :wave:

I can't start trying for my first child until July this year. But I have been on treatment for cancer for the last 2 years and one of the downsides of all the treatment is that it can cause infertility.. I have finished all treatment back in Sep 09, and have waitied for my periods to return. They seem to have but not like they were before. But i've never been able to tell if im ovulating or not. The docs will check in the next few months.... :x

ANYWAY I thought i would try and check myself whilst i'm waiting and got some OPK's. And this morning i had a line come up that was EXACTLY the same colour as the test line... I am sooooooooo happy as I thought this should be my week for oviulating and it now looks like I am and that my cycle could be back or at least getting back to normal.......:dance: I am soooooooooo happy ........ IMAGINE THAT ! Conceiving our very own baby naturally....... OH PLEASE GOD.. :pray:

Thanks for listening....

really pleased for you hun now get baby making!!!! lols the very best of luck xxxx

edit didnt read properly no baby making but still really chuffed for you xxxx

Last edited:
Awww I hope you get your little baby soon :)

Sorry about your cancer treatment, There's always a good side of things though I hope all goes well for you xx

Thats terrific news, you must be so thrilled. Please keep us posted on your progress :hug:

thats fantastic news!!
my sister had chemo etc and feared she would never concieve naturally, she did the same as u, tested with OPK just to see before tests etc, and she was fine and now has a 1yr old...

good luck hun xx

Great news....I really hope it all works out for you and u have a little one as soon as possible after u can start trying x x x x

great news, really pleased for you! My mum had two babies after intensive radio and chemotherapy so keep positive, I am sure it will happen for you when the time is right xx

That's fantastic news! Lots of health and happiness for you and you OH and fingers crossed for a little bubba soon. x

thanks soooooo much ladies. I can start trying :x in July this year. So trying now to get everything in place for then..... It's very positive for me to hear your stories about family members, really gives me hope......

Good luck to you all..... And congratulations on your pregnancy's....

Good luck with everything hunny, and look forward to seeing you in the TTC section in July!!

Wolfy
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back