PND & returning to work

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Ive got my return to work meeting on friday and im due to go back in 3 weeks. Do i need to tell my work about my PND? I still have bad days, but i can deal with them sooo much better now! + the pills seem to help

I really don't want to tell them. They will treat me differently, and i can't stand the idea of it! I would confide in my HR department, but i don't trust them. When i was off work when i was pg, i was told that people (not sure who) was here saying that i had kidney infections and even that i might need one removed!! :evil: such a load of rubbish!!!

I really want to go for a certain job when i go back as well, so i need to prove myself - again :roll: . The person who i would be working with knows about whats going on with me, as we are really close, and i trust her.

Im just worried that if they found out they would automaticaly think i can't do my job and they would find a way of forcing me out (it wouldn't be the first time they have done it to people!! it sickens me to think what they have got away with over the years).

Sorry, rambling now..... Do i need to tell them? Has anyone else in my situation told or not told? what happened?

No, I don't think you have to tell them at all. It's your personal business and if it's not affecting your work and you're not having to take time off sick then it's none of their business.
Good luck! L xx

If you dont want to, you dont have to say anything - its your business, not theirs! I have had PND and went back to work 5 months ago, I am still taking my tablets and like you I have the odd bad day but the majority of the time things are great now. I never mentioned it to my employer as I felt embarrassed and didnt want them to know. I'd say you only need to let them know if you are planning on getting sick leave for it. Take care :hug:

Jen79 said:
If you dont want to, you dont have to say anything - its your business, not theirs! I have had PND and went back to work 5 months ago, I am still taking my tablets and like you I have the odd bad day but the majority of the time things are great now. I never mentioned it to my employer as I felt embarrassed and didnt want them to know. I'd say you only need to let them know if you are planning on getting sick leave for it. Take care :hug:

Was going to say exactly that!!

As long as its not affecting your work, there is no need to tell them.

Good luck sweetie, it isnt so bad once you are back, its the thought of it. I love my job and find its a nice balance being back xxx

Its up to you. I told my boss as I have known her for a while and knew she wouldbe supportive, plus my job can be very intensive and stressful at times so I thought I would need the extra support.

thanks girls.

I wish i could have your boss beanie. im worried most about her knowing tbh.

If i don't NEED to tell them, then I think i am going to keep it to myself for now.

Im quite suprised with myself. Im not as scared about going back as i thought i would be (although, ive not been to work for over a year now, what with being signed off ill). The thing im most dreading is getting to know all the new people. Ive worked there for 5 years this xmas, and i knew everyone there (when i started it was 40 people... now its closer to 200). there are so many new faces, how am i going to get to know people all over again! not enough tea breaks in the day! lol

You'll be fine hun, you come across as a really friendly person who is easy to get on with so I am sure they'll love you. Good luck for your first day (it felt like I was going back to scholl after a long summer hols lol)

cheers hun. :hug:

still, ive got so much holiday saved, that i only need to work 3 days a week, but still get paid for 5!!!! :dance: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back