pnd.....help please

kelly'n'jack

Reaction score
i think i might be suffering from postnatal depression, ive been trying to cope for 18 months now and tellin myself that im fine and im really not. its affecting me every day and is stopping me living my life normally. what are the sypmtoms?? i spoke to some close friends last night and that was the first time i told anyone how bad ive been feeling, really need to sort this but i dont no what to do next.....please help

You need to talk to your Dr or your HV, they will e able to advise you. There are different options available, anti depressants, support groups, psychiatrist etc and they will hel refer you on. ((Hugs))

im just trying to get the guts to phone now. im worried that they will just think im being silly and that its just cos im a young single mum and i need to get on with it like every other mum does.

No they will not think that. I got PND and I was 28 and in a relationship. PND isn't aout coping or aout getting on with it, its a chemical imbalance in your rain, and your body and mind reacting to some huge changes. You can make that call, you posted on here and that was a big step. PM me anytime if you need to x

well i didnt phone, i made a point of telling another friend today how ive been feeling though, need to get it all of my system. i feel like ive been in denial all this time and now ive looked into the sypmtoms and read some other posts on here im sure i need some help. i really dont feel like i can get over this on my own. is there any one i can call over the weekend? feel like i need to do something soon cos if i have a few bad days next week i can see myself not leaving the house to see anyone and i really dont want it to get any worse

:hug: :hug: :hug: Sweetie, I am 34 and in a loving relationship and have an adorable baby but suffer PND, I am on anti depressants and feeling much better...I am not embarrased to admit I was struggling, and I am so proud of myself now I am feeling better and coping so well, and Ruby is so contented

Please try and talk to your GP, you dont have to suffer alone. We are all here too, PM me if you ever need to talk :hug: :hug: :hug:

I too have PND, ive opted tor councilling . My HV was really good about it. She has taken it seriously andn there is no shame in admitting it. Call your health visitor or goto your doctors. thye will help you. xx :hug:

thanks for all your advice. im having a really bad day, feel paranoid that everyone in town was looking at me thinking im stupid for having a baby young and im not coping and ive just got home and eaten god knows how much food. i feel really out of control. i know i need to talk to someone but im really scared. i dont want people to think im a bad mum im sorry for going on but its so much easier to talk on here than to friends or family

Oh sweetie, nothing anyone can say will make you feel better right now...you really need to talk to your HV/GP :hug:

You are NOT stupid for having a baby young, you love your baby and are a great mummy and you should be proud of yourself.

Ok, so you arent coping...thats nothing to feel ashamed of!! Admitting you arent coping is the first step to getting help and shows you want to be helped too...There are thousands of mummys out there struggling on trying to pretend they are copng and arent..there are no medals given out for being model mummys. Its hard bloody work!! NOthing EVER prepares you for how hard it is.

Please dont be scared to talk to people who can help you, they have seen it hundreds of times and I promise even by taking the first step and talking to them, you wil feel better..PLEASE PLEASE promise me you will go Monday and see someone...

Hi, I know how you feel. I have a 9 week old son who i worship but after weeks of feeling low and having horrible visions of hurting my boy (not intentionally) i finally broke down into tears in front of my husband. Ispoke to my two sisters who persuaded me to speak to my HV which i did. She was fantastic and listened to me and i began to feel loads better. Went to GP who too was wonderful and has offered me anti depressents, which i am considering taking. I was worried about telling people as i didn't want them to think i was a bad mummy and begin to worry about the babys well being but they have been really supportive and have surprised me But the one thing to come out of everything is that i am a good mother and its PND not me. Please speak to your GP, you don't have to suffer and feel not right at all. I'm sure you are a fantastic mother and person. Please pm me if you want to talk :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: Too you too Dawn....Keeley I hope by others sharing their experiences will make you see you are not alone sweetheart....

Dawn, I too was terrified of telling my family I wasnt coping-I always thought I would be "mother earth", and I wasnt, I was terrified of my baby and anxious all the time. Anti depressants helped me so much, as did talking and admitting I wasnt coping. I hated the first 6 weeks of motherhood, but soon turned a corner and now with the support of GP and my wonderful family and friends (oh, and of course my gorgeous little girl), I am now the proudest, happiest mummy ever!!!

:hug: just want to send a hug

PND affects all ages and situations...It is worth talking to the professionals so you can enjoy your time with your baby ...

i love jack and i dont feel any bad feelings about having him, i think im just struggling to deal with his dad who walked out on him 3 months ago, from when i was 9 weeks pregnant he has caused me so much stress and its him that i have all these negative emotions towards so could it still be pnd? i am struggling to get through the day but jack is the only thing that keeps me going and i never had trouble bonding with him. im so confused! will definetly be speaking to someone tomorrow. if i cant get an appointment with my hv i will go to the docs. thank you so much for all your support!

Only just read this hun :hug:

I can't say anything the others haven't alread said but want to send you some hugs! Let us know how it goes tomorrow won't you
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

just spoken to my hv after crying on the phone to 3 different people first!! (stupid nhs) she thinks i am suffering from depression. i need to fone the doctors to make an appointment there. what happens next? any advice on the different types of treatment? thanks to everyones messages, you dont realise how much they mean to me right now :hug: xx

Sorry I don't have any experience of dealing with depression but just wanted to send you one of these :hug:

Keep with it and get the help you need. lol.

From my experience with PND, the doc will probably talk to you about how you are feeling and then most likely offer you antidepressants if you have been feeling bad for quite a while. I still take mine now and Kate is 9 months old, I have been on them for 6 months now, I think PND is more common than you'd think. I know that when I started on my AD's the HV offered to come and see me regularly to offer additional support (I didnt take them up on this cos I felt like I had a lot of support off my family and TBH didnt like my HV too much!). I am also now having cognitive behaviour therapy which I asked for, you might get it where you live but it depends on your health authority as to whether they fund it. I would really recommend it if its available to you. Thats about as much as I know about the whole thing. Just wanted to say take care and dont hold anything back from the doc, you wont be saying anything he/she hasnt heard before! :hug:

ive just had an email from jacks dads ex girlfriend, shes having a baby and its due next month.simon has left her for a new girlfriend. im so angry. i cant cope with this anymore....cant stop crying and im sure im going to be sick. i really didnt think i would ever meet such an evil twisted bast**d

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back