please tell me im not alone here...

rhian85

Reaction score
okay so afr i have not been too bad with nausea BUT smells make me heave so badly to the point where im almost puking..but i hope im not alone here because...

OH has a shower before bed the last few nights so i know he is cleam but to me he smells funny and i have to shove him to the edge of the bed because if he is near me he makes me :puke: :puke: :puke: dont think he is amused tho :rotfl:

also the fridge makes me heave,

shampoo does too,

washing up liquid.

christophers nappys are torture

am i alone here ?? :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

I was exactly the same as you when I was in first tri. The strangest smells would just trigger my gag reflex and I'd be struggling not to be sick. Thing is it would be smells that before hand I loved, like melted cheese on toast - that was the worst cos OH went through a phase of having it for breakfast every day! :puke:

I didnt get this myself but a friend of mine did.. it drove her mad!

Claire x

The smell of the laudry liquid made me want to :puke: , and did the smell of barbeques and bonfires. I had the fridge thing as well. The smells still smell unpleasant to me, although I don't want to be sick - I hope they will disappear again after the birth - although my Mum went off the smell of instant coffee when she was pregnant with my brother 30 years ago, and it still makes her gag :shock:

hey, are you taking Pregnacare? I was acting all strange too -- you know, going off on certain smells, dying for certain weird foods etc, then my hubby bought me a pack of Pregnacare Plus, and within 3 days I'm TOTALLY back to 'normal'. Well, as normal as an early pregnant mummy-to-be can be :angel:

(mind you, I've not told my hubby, I still want him to think I'm very poorly so he runs around after me :shhh: )

Rhian im the same!!! I went through a stage of gagging at my son's weetabix in the morning, really strange...but thats seems to have passed now. Also my hubby had an indian last night and the smell made me feel so sick....!!!

Greatchill, its funny what you said about pregnacare, I never took pregnacare in my first pregnancy, I took sanatogen pro natel and never had much nausea/problems with smells, but in this pregnancy im taking pregnacare (simply cos it was on offer when I first started ttc) and ive had it so bad! Its probably a complete coincidence but you never know!!!! :rotfl:

glad im not alone :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ohh and yeah im popping the old pregnacare plus took hem with christopher to..ohh and they are half price in tesco at the mo :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Half price at Tescos for Pregnacare?? Ok. That's it. I'm going off shopping again.....

Jaidy, why don't you change back to sanatogen pro natel and see if that makes any difference? I'd be really interested to find out if you feel any better! Keep me posted hon :hug:

Greatchill said:
Half price at Tescos for Pregnacare?? Ok. That's it. I'm going off shopping again.....

Jaidy, why don't you change back to sanatogen pro natel and see if that makes any difference? I'd be really interested to find out if you feel any better! Keep me posted hon :hug:

yep they were half price on sunday last week hopefully u have them half price to :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I was the same but it is easing now. I couldn't stand the smell of my dad if popped round after work. He grows penicillin and he made me gag poor guy!

I can smell EVERYTHING at the moment and most things make me feel sick, although i think it's easing as today i feel relatively okay aprt from a couple of hours of gagging.

I've had to change deoderant, shampoo i cant stand my favourise perfume and i want to clean my sofa and carpets now as im sure they are giving off a smell i dont like - they are relatively new but i can smell them and they are doing my head in! Im running around spraying everything! ARGGGHHH!

It's probably your OH's shower gel that you dont like...? :wall:

:lol:
When my dog did a wee the other day the smell made me sick! I've never noticed the smell of dog wee before but all of a sudden it seems so strong! Yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back