Please keep your fingers crossed for me!! *Updated Im back*

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Im going for my 20 week scan today and also to see the Consultant about the possibility of me having a VBAC...

Im desperate to try for a natural birth so please keep everything crossed for me that he says im able to...
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Good luck sweety i hope things will go as you want them too :hug:

fingers crossed everything goes well for u hun

enjoy seeing ur little man :hug:

Well it went ok! it was lovely seeing l'il Pumpkin and there was NO mistaking its a boy for definate - his bits were on display for all to see!!!

He was all curled up and cosy for most of the scan but everything is as it should be which is fantastic! :cheer:

Then saw the Consultant and a decision about a VBAC wont be made until Im 36 weeks. It is in my notes from James that I do have a small pelvis but the doc has concluded that i have a small pelvis in relation to having a 10lb baby as opposed to it just being small. There is no scientific way of knowing this for sure, but because I went into natural labour last time and dilated a little bit, he feels that this is the case.

So basically its a waiting game to see how big Pumpkin gets...if he is a good deal smaller than JimJam I can probably try for a VBAC but if not it will be an elective C. Howver, doc has said its unlikely (unless I had undetected GD last time) that he will be small so its more likely to be the C. :(

I have a Gestational Diabetes Test on the 16th December to rule out anything like that but aside from that i wont be going back to hospital now until Im 36 weeks which is 4 days after James's 1st birthday!

So come on l'i Pumpkin, dont be a guzzle guts like your big brother and come out normal sized please! :pray:

I guess at least you have a couple of scenarios in your head now. I see my consultant on Monday about the same question. I think knowing the options will put my mind at ease.

And of course lovely to see your lo again - did you get any good pics?

Hey hun im pleased all is well and you got to see your little man again! :cheer: Lets hope he doesnt grow too big so your able to have the birth you would like to. :hug: :hug:

Pleased he is doing well I hope you can have the birth you want but at least bubs is healthy :hug:

aww bless ya, glad the lil man is doing well , fingers crossed you'll be able to have the birth you want. but at least i guess you have both situations to prepare for, rather then it be a complete surprise :?

Glad the scan went well - I am in almost an identical situation to you - weird isnt it.

Darragh was 9lbs 8oz and I was an emergency section due to CPD (small pelvis) but I have been told it is my decision which birth to opt for but like you I am going to wait and see what size this baby is - I definately do not want another emergency section after 28 hours of labour :shakehead: :shakehead:

ella said:
Glad the scan went well - I am in almost an identical situation to you - weird isnt it.

Darragh was 9lbs 8oz and I was an emergency section due to CPD (small pelvis) but I have been told it is my decision which birth to opt for but like you I am going to wait and see what size this baby is - I definately do not want another emergency section after 28 hours of labour :shakehead: :shakehead:

Yeah thats what im scared about too :(

They are only surmising that my pelvis will be big enough if baby is smaller....BUT they cant be sure. Thing is my mum had to have 3 c sections cos of a small pelvis and we were all average sized...so I dunno what to do really.

I too do not want to go through another 30 hours of labour to have a c section. That would be be poop. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back