Please Help me, Advice on Best SLR Digital cameras please

beth3735

Reaction score
I am looking at getting one of these cameras, I need it to be excellent quality, value for money and only really have up to £250 to spend :( Cant really afford that but im starting a professional photography course soon and need to be able to take great pictures.

Can people tell me which ones a great and if poss if anyone knows of any cheap leave a link for me please.

Thanks girls xxxx :)

I have a Nikon D40 and I don't find Nikon cameras overpriced at all. The Nikon D40 cost my OH around £250 including lens, card and case and there is also a cashback offer on at the moment meaning we got £40 of that back. Well worth it.

oooo thank you so much hun, They look great. Will definatly keep my eye out for the Canons then for the price of it too.

Tell you OH thanks too :) xxx

Daftscotslass where did you get it from with cashback?

My OH has a 350D and finds several lenses fit, like from older camera models. They are so cheap too to buy. He's also doing a course so spends ages doing research. And even i can use the canon and i'm a real idiot! Lol
He's very passionate about this kind of thing.
He'll help any way he can if you need it.

Lisa does he think the one in that link is definatly worth bidding on please.

Sorry to hassle you all x

His dad has the exact same one and had no problems with it at all.
He's impressed! :rotfl:

The Nikon D40 is £240 on Amazon at the mo, that looks the best camera for that kind of money :D

I'd also go for the Nikon D40...took me ages to decide which one to go for, but I finally went for the Nikon, and love everything about it.

www.camerapricebuster.uk is quite good for checking prices, although Amazon seem cheapest at the moment as mentioned earlier.

Thanks guys for the tip on Amazon. I Think i may go for that one.

I am watching one on Ebay too but at least with amazon its new and has some sort of guarantee.

Sorry to be a pain, and not sure if you will but tb261 do you have a picture of a close up face? I am looking at what the quality would be like for a portrait type picture. Do you have one that hasnt been photoshopped or anything.
xx

Here's a close up I took with the D40

DSC_0377.jpg

Aww that is such a great picture. You can see how sharp it is around her little face. Thats exactly what i want :)

BTW very cute little lady you own :hug:

I think I may be saving for the amazon one now. my hubby and parents said I can have my xmas money early so that I have the camera for the start of the course :cheer:

In terms of the camera itself that's just a point and click mode... I've not had the chance yet to play with all the manual settings. For close ups of DD we usually use the child or macro mode.

This was a cracking pic I took of my nephew (to show you it's not just close ups that are great)

DSC_0900.jpg

And this one of a mushroom with the flash (basic built in flash, there is a point for a flash gun too)

mush1.jpg

Those pics are great too. Does the flash work in a dark room? The basic one? or would i be better off paying for a flash gun?

So sorry to ask so many questions :oops: Will buy it soon so wont keep bugging u all lol :rotfl:

daftscotslass said:
I have a Nikon D40 and I don't find Nikon cameras overpriced at all. The Nikon D40 cost my OH around £250 including lens, card and case and there is also a cashback offer on at the moment meaning we got £40 of that back. Well worth it.

Agree.
I recently got a Nikon and I find it fantastic. I got cashback too.

Daftscotslass just a question, Do you get pictures like this? I get loads of them from Joe, if he moves just the slightest it will slightly blur the picture, Sometimes it really bad blurred depends how bad he moved.

Picture2404.jpg

I'm getting the Nikon D40 in a couple of weeks :)

Where did you guys get cashback from?

Also, my friend has it and she had it so you can't preview in the LCD screen, I couldn't figure out how to switch it so you could... can anyone help me out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back