Please help,I'm scared

Maldini1

Reaction score
Hi I'm 9 weeks preg and went for my first appointment today and was horrified to find out that at my local hospital if I have to stay in overnight after the birth my husband will be sent home. Neither if us want this, especially me. It seems crazy that I would be left to look after baby when I will be unwell myself if I am staying in. Does anyone know if there is any way around this? We dint mind travelling further to a different hospital or paying for a private room. Does anyone have any ideas? I know it sounds crazy but this has really put me off continuing with the pregnancy as staying in on my own would be my worst nightmare plus it's not fair on my husband missing out on this bonding time with OUR baby.

I was terrified about this too at first because I had never even been to hospital before let alone stay in! Ihad a section and stayed in with savannah for three nights and was absolutely fine :)

Everybody will say ohh you'll be ok... and you wont believe them. But you really will be!

I know at our hospital if you are having a natural birth you can either have your baby on the delivery ward or apply to go to the birth unit which is separate from the delivery unit and it's mainly for ladies who want as natural as possible ie no drugs, waterbirth, hypnobirthing etc and your partner can stay over night if you have to stay in.

Don't worry and don't let it change your feelings about your pregnancy... everyone has anxiety about birth or staying overnight on there own but you will be fine!

x

I had a c section and Owen was in special care so luckily I didn't have to watch him but yes they sent my oh home. I rang him In tears I was in pain and scared :( but looking back it wasn't that bad and luckily I had my own room. ( we paid but he still wasn't allowed to stay) but it may be better if your on a shared ward with others all in same situation. It really isn't so bad. Try not to worry z

I was scared too with my first. My daughters dad stayed until it was closing , and honestly im so glad i had that time to myself. I bonded with her then! before it was all so mad with people all around, i just spent the night looking at her and getting used to breast feeding. It was tiring but that moment between us was so special. Her daddy bonded just fine and took her out by himself for a bit to have that alone bonding time too. I felt so exhausted all night and i was walking like John Wayne but i was fine . I was only just 22 too . Those moments alone were the moments i accepted that i was a mummy x

You arent alone, you have nurses and midwives there to support you if you need them. I understand your fears but its important for you to have alone time with the baby too. Your oh will still have plenty time to bond, so i really wouldnt worry about that. Also, dont asume you will be unwell, you might be absolutely fine, i was after i had my daughter.

Last edited:
I had my lo in a midwife led unit as already said they are for natural births so no epidural and my oh would have been able to stay if id have been in over night. Might be worth looking into if your ok with little pain relief.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back