Please help- daddy and daughter don't get on

taylortash

Reaction score
I'm coming to the end of coping with this and Hoping someone can help. Our daughter and hubby just don't get on great. She doesn't listen to him, doesn't show him affection like she does me, doesn't want to do things just the two of them and answers back etc. He has spinal problems so has a short fuse (understandably) so gets grumpy and shouts alot which obviously doesn't help. There's so much more I could get out and say to give more information but I'll just try this for the moment. She is almost 6!
And what makes it more difficult is hubby thinks she doesn't love him and that we'd be better off without him which just isn't true.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry your poor husband has been feeling so rubbish. My daughter is 3 so much younger but her and her dad did not get on for a long time. She was breastfed and during the first year of her life my husband was working flat out and they didn't see that much of each other. He was always lovely to her when home but she had the worst separation anxiety and only ever wanted Me. This escalated and she didn't want anything to do with him. It was awful for my husband. We just kept at it, spending lots of time together all of us and then I would leave them alone. She hates that to begin with and cried for me but slowly they started getting on a bit better. They're friends now, although she still big time favours me. She won't hold his hand when out and about if I'm there and while husband and I don't really argue if dd hears even the tiniest disagreement she'll run through and shout at him taking my side and saying mummy is the boss and he has to leave me alone. It's very dramatic considering I've probably just said something as simple as "please can you make sure you put the dishes in the dishwasher" and husbands reply has been "ill try I'm just in such a rush in a morning to start work so it's hard". Anyway I chat to my daughter a lot about how lucky we are to have such a good daddy and how great he is and how we must be nice to him. I can't offer much more help then that I'm afraid

Thank you for your reply. It's so difficult! I shall try what you have suggested, thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back