Please could you sign our petition?

Bosam

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im Sammy and im a bit of a lurker on bc. We lost our first baby Thomas on August 15 2006, he was born asleep when we were 40+5 weeks pregnant. We are now 25 weeks pregnant with his little brother, and it is so scary, but we are getting good care and being positive.

Thomas had undetected IUGR (Intra Uterine Growth Restriction) and since his death, i have been campagining for the customised growth charts to be used in all UK NHS trusts, which would pick up IUGR, allow the plan of care to be adjusted and save thousands of babies lives. You might have seen me on BBC Breakfast, the Channel 4 Dispatches programme "Undercover Mother", and also in the Independent on Sunday.

These charts are gradually being introudced, but the new NICE guidlines are'nt going to recommend they are compulsory, which is mad, because the very centre that the Government comissioned to look into the rising rate of stillbirth designed them, and over a number of years study and trials has proven they do work.

We have today set up a petition with the Prime Minister to ask the Government to consider using the charts in every UK NHS trust, to stop thousands of babies dying each year needlessly.

Please could you sign the petition below and help us? Its very easy to do. 1 in 100 babies dies just before, during or after birth, and this high figure really can be reduced so easily.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/IUGRBaby/
Thank you so much xx

Hi Sammy,
I have signed your petition, i think it's a really important issue. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss but i admire your strenghth to carry on and fight for your little boy.
Luv Laura xx :hug:

Sorry for your loss Sammy, I've just signed. Hope it will help in some way xxx

Have signed the petition. I hope something can be done to make sure other parents don't have to go through what you've been through. Thanks for your courage.

Hi Sammy,

Have signed the petition. I think I've seen some kind of growth charts in my notes but unfortunately they haven't been filled in!!!! It really makes sense; they use them now for children up to a certain age - both of mine have got them.

hiya

ive signed as i lost my little girl at 28wks due to IUGR

i really hope this helps

Hi, i think this is a really important issue. Iv signed your position and hope lots of others do too xx

have signed and posted a link on our work's internal website so hopefully you could get a fair few more.

So sorry about your loss and wishing you all thr best for LO on his way. :hug:

Well done in all the work you have done so far to fight for this issue. I really hope the government take notice.

I have signed the petition x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back