Playmat and Babygym - Can I have your advice please?

angelfairy

Reaction score
Hi Girlies,

am in the process of buying a playmat / babygym for our bump and was wondering whether I could get your opinion.

I would love to go for the below playmat and matching bouncer because of the neutral colour and becuase they match:

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product_ ... 634&type=I

&

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product_ ... 401&type=I

However, I have also heard that bright colours stimulate the newborn alot more and are therefore better for the baby so this is the other alternative:

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product_ ... 501&type=I

I could really do with some advice here as all hubby will say is "you make the decision as you know best" and I need some impartial advice.

Thanks a million

AngelFairy Xxx

I would go with the brightly coloured ones! They cover up sick better than neutral things. :lol:

id go for the third one.

The bouncer is nice though :)

mine are neutral and it didn't seem to make that much of a difference to Seren :?

I know newborns are very drawn to black and white images

Thanks girls, it really does help having you here. I do love lotty ladybird, its just the whole colour coordinated matching stuff thing does grab me too.

Will baby be happier on lotty than the plain one because of the bright colours or are will he/she be too young to see the colour - can you tell I am a first time mummy to be?

Angel Fairy
Xxx

To be honest I really don't think it will make much difference to baby. I found that Seren's other toys were brightly coloured and I would sometimes dangle them off the playgym to change it for her but she was never in her gym for that long. I would go with which one you like (sorry not much help) :D

well id say baby would be happier on lotty ladybird bacuse of the bright colours.

i had a really nice one for my first two kids. It was all back and white and babys are aparanly attractedto those two colours. Mine loved it.

beanie said:
mine are neutral and it didn't seem to make that much of a difference to Seren :?

Superb beanie, I just read out your comment to my hubby and the first thing he shouted out was "Toonarmy" :rotfl: being a Geordie thats the first thing that came to his mind so now I won't have an excuse for when he brings home a little Newcastle United kit for our little one

angelfairy said:
beanie said:

Superb beanie, I just read out your comment to my hubby and the first thing he shouted out was "Toonarmy" :rotfl: being a Geordie thats the first thing that came to his mind so now I won't have an excuse for when he brings home a little Newcastle United kit for our little one

oops sorry :oops:

Dior had that bouncer, i got a vlue one for harley though

ild go for the nright defo more fun for baby and babys are attracted to red too

No problem hon, I know its inevitably going to happen. Its just funny to know that the first thing he thought about was football when all I was thinking about was where I could find a black and white playgym :)

Thanks all the same X

im getting that bouncer!

i prefer the colourful play mat though :D

Lotty Ladybird it is then :clap:

Thanks for all your advice girlies

Xxx

I prefer the coloured one too, but you could alwas attach more coloured toys to the netural one if you wanted to.

With the bouncer...just be aware the baby won't really fit in that kind for very long. I got a bigger one, with a sturdier base. I also got a "rocker" not a "bouncer" as they are easier to rock with your foot :oops:

I do like that chair though.....I suppose it depends what you want it for. :)

yh iv got the rcker one urchin has its easier. i had that mamas and papas one fo dior it lasted her till 6months then she jused to sit up an fall forward. but it went nice in my living room lol

this time i have this for harley

not that I can make much of a useful contribution as I haven't got a playmat as yet but I did get the brightly coloured bouncer / rocker thing from Mamas & Papas, personally when it comes to kids / babies I think the brighter (and louder) the better!!!! :roll:

Thats the bouncer Ive got!!!

Id go with the bright playgym though.

xxx

We've got the Lotty Ladybird play gym, I think the brighter the better for babies when it comes to baby gyms, toys etc. They can see bolder colours better.

We have a neutral bedroom for him but it's nice to bring in bright colours with his toys etc.

We've also got the Mamas & Papas Millie & Boris bouncer chair. When he was really small, it was too big for him but now that he's older it's perfect. We bought a cheap one from Mothercare too but it broke straight away, wouldn't recommend that one.

Dionne i have bought the same rocker but in pink. Does harley like it?

Also how long do babies enjoy their gym mats for? Over here the cheapest I can get a new one for is £55 which is quite a lot of money if they only use it for a short while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back