• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Playing with a 1 month old?

keelie_b

Reaction score
What can i do, i put him in his bouncer and he looks around for a bit but then looks so bored! i feel sorry for him he just slumps back, pouts his lips and stares into space. I want to play with him but what would he enjoy? we have a play mat with hanging toys which i havnt tried because thought he would be a bit young to understand or "play"?
What can i do with him ?

I just used to dance around with LO around and sing to her - or cycle her legs or stretch her arms gently when she was on her back whilst singing. I often had a children's CD playing at the background which helped me to remember all the songs again.

HER favourite songs still from that CD are Batman and this Sailorman song (they are both in Finnish) so not a very girlie princess here :think:

Everything I read said the most interesting thing is your face so I just talked to Molly a lot. She is just starting to be interested in any toys I show her but still much prefers to be spoken to.

She has been cooing back for a while so she must like it.

We got hand and food finder rattles for mills and she seems to like them, and also to understand they make noise when she moves her arms.

We talk to her a lot, and she likes having A.A. Milne poems being read to her, at least she's staring with open wide eyes at us whenever we do.

He can't see too far atm so anything close to his face will be of interest.

At this age babies love to see your face, smiling, talking to them. Will keep them happy. They don't need to play at such a young age, being so small and for a long while yet its all about learning and adjusting.

I'd gently sing songs, look at things up close, maybe do a gentle baby massage (you can read up online how to do this) and keep it simple.

Lots of cuddles and smiles.

In a month or so is when there will be more interest in playmats and mobiles as he'll have better vision and control etc then.

Your right, you can't really 'play' with them at such a ýoung age. But they love watching people and listening, and especially you. I sing to Raf, tell him stories, show him around the house, I talk to him all day long, even about putting the washing on! But until they get a bit older and are a bit more responsive this is all you can do really love

i played with LO on his mat, i lay him down and he liked the lights and then i would talk him through his toys, in that i would take them down and show him them close up and tell him what they were and then sing songs.

Talk, talk and talk! lol That's all I did! Making exaggerated facial expressions and different tones in my voice! And sing! :D :D

lea m said:
Talk, talk and talk! lol That's all I did! Making exaggerated facial expressions and different tones in my voice! And sing! :D :D

I've been doing this and have been rewarded with lots of smiles and since yesterday he's been doing a really wide 0 with his mouth - I must do that a lot when I'm talking to him but he looks quite comical! He's also just starting to coo a bit so when he does make a sound I repeat it, he always looks surprised to hear it back from me!

Becky said:
lea m said:

I've been doing this and have been rewarded with lots of smiles and since yesterday he's been doing a really wide 0 with his mouth - I must do that a lot when I'm talking to him but he looks quite comical! He's also just starting to coo a bit so when he does make a sound I repeat it, he always looks surprised to hear it back from me!

Thats what we do with Lola! :D Its great when they first start smiling isnt it! :D
Also Lola wakes us up in the morning now with coos and chatter and not cries! :D She goes 12 hours without a feed and still wakes up with smiles and chats! :D

OH caught me doing the OTT facial expressions the other week:

n600265704_5375508_215.jpg

aha. as for playing, zach has started using his baby gym occaisionally. he's not so sure about it though & he just sort of lies their looking cynical, haha.

I will tell you actually what Lola loves, its this little dangling toy hippo! I put it on her pram when she was about a month and she will stare at it for ages! Now she smiles and chats to it lol! Its her fav thing! I will get a pic later! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back