Placenta changing positions?

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
I've just read through my notes and it def says i now have an anterior placenta but at my 11 week scan it was posterior!
Could the sonographer have got it wrong cos i'm def feeling very strong kicks and movements?!
This prob sounds really stupid but i never knew the placenta could move, i thought once its embedded its stuck there!!
Any ideas ladies??

No ideas I'm afraid, I know that a low placenta can move to a higher one but I assumed this was due to uterus growth x I have an anterior placenta but mine is really high up x I feel really really strong kicks and movement and can clearly see the kicks and movement so they could still be right with you having an anterior placenta as it's not affected me feeling and seeing kicks x

Ive not heard of that before, tho like Helen says I know it can move from low to high because mine did.

I have an anterior one and have felt bubba kicking since around 20w's so it is possible to have an anterior and feel the baby. I think some people with anteriors dont feel until later in the pregnancy.

Does seem a bit odd tho :S xxx

Ooooh just googled it and found out that the placenta does move as the uterus grows (as it was put on the site-the placenta doesn't just pack itself up and wander around it moves as the uterus grows) so a posterior placenta can become an anterior one and an anterior placenta can turn into a posterior one (or a fundal one-on top of the uterus) and a low lying placenta can move to a higher one x x I felt kicks at 16-17 weeks x x

Thanks Hun, I tried googling but couldn't find anything!! Thanks for looking for me x x

I've just read through my notes and it def says i now have an anterior placenta but at my 11 week scan it was posterior!
Could the sonographer have got it wrong cos i'm def feeling very strong kicks and movements?!
This prob sounds really stupid but i never knew the placenta could move, i thought once its embedded its stuck there!!
Any ideas ladies??

Okay I am going to be totally thick but what are the differences and where do you find this out on your notes??

Posterior equals on the back wall of the uterus, anterior equals front wall of uterus x x Mine is written where my scan information is-along with info like how big bubba was etc x

Thanks Helen- Just curious thats all. Maybe they dont write this until 20 week scan? I am thinking mine has to be on the front as I can already feel baby, or do you feel it more if its posterior? xx

Last edited:
Mines written on my 12 week scan that I had at 10 weeks x x

Thanks Helen- Just curious thats all. Maybe they dont write this until 20 week scan? I am thinking mine has to be on the front as I can already feel baby, or do you feel it more if its posterior? xx

You feel the baby more and earlier if the placenta is on the back wall - with Rosie mine was anterior and I didnt feel her move until quite late, they said it was like a big cushion preventing me from feeling her xx

mines anterier and i only feel kicks when baby facing downwards or in my back i nver feel or see them in my front iv only ever seen one movement in the front and i think that may have been bottom moving lol

You feel the baby more and earlier if the placenta is on the back wall - with Rosie mine was anterior and I didnt feel her move until quite late, they said it was like a big cushion preventing me from feeling her xx

Oh of course- that totally makes sense. So if I can feel baby it must be on the back wall. cool. Will see at next scan. xx

Mine is definatly anterior but it's really high up-I felt kicks mainly low down from 16-17 weeks but I've been feeling strong kicks all over from 18-19 weeks, in fact OH felt Seb at 18 weeks and now you can see and feel the kicks so clearly I feel like he's going to explode out! Lol x I think this is due to it being high up rather than just on the front wall x x I honestly don't personally think that having an anterior placenta has affected feeling kicks in the slightest x

Mine hasn't affected what I feel either!! Felt flutters about 16 weeks, strong kicks that even OH can fill from 18 weeks and now I can fill baby turning around! I don't think having an anterior placenta makes any difference

I have an anterior and although i can feel (and sometimes see) kicks on bump, I cant really tell whether its an elbow or foot or whatever but its probably because its my first and i dont know the difference yet lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back