Pissed and pregnant (living)

kiki

Reaction score
Is anyone else watching this now? It's quite scary to see what heavy drinking in pregnancy can do!

I couldn't believe some of the ladies on here ! I'm not opinionated, but you can't blame docs for not telling you the dangers they don't know, and then say so until we know we will drink in anyway. Plrob a few is fine, but I'm def in theategory of if you don't know then leave it, it's only 9 mths long for your babys whole lifetime, it's so worth it

Sorry If I'm a bit outspoken here guys

Im with you JJ! Each to their own etc but like you say whats 9 months in the grand scheme of things! I didnt drinks with DD and although I dont drink anyway and havent for years now I woud stop completely till LO was born!

So scary waht can happen if you heavily drink!

A friend of ours daughter is 18, pregnant, smokes and last night announce her and her oh were going down the pub...leter she posted shes had a great night drinking WKD! Think she thinks its pop silly girl! xx

I can't say anything about the smoking because I'm really struggling with it. I've cut down to 5 from 35-40 a day :( and the midwife has reffered me to the smoking cessation midwife to let me know what NRT I can use. Have tried going cold turkey and I was a mess. I'm not proud of this.
The drinking thing I don't understand though. Because I'm still smoking 5 I'm being strict with everything else, maybe just to make myself feel better. Up here in Scotland we're told not to drink at all. It's not a big deal to me at all.
Hope the midwife helps with the smoking thing though. Makes me feel like a horrible person :(

At least your doing somethng about it tho and thats good" I just cant understand those who literally do get smashed on booze when pregnant! Should be illegal lol xx

At least your doing somethng about it tho and thats good" I just cant understand those who literally do get smashed on booze when pregnant! Should be illegal lol xx

Thanks Hun :)

Yeah I don't get it either. And drugs....well that's another story :( really sad poor baba's having withdrawals from drugs and alcohol! It should be illegal!

Ah I know how awful! But yes its abuse as far as Im concerned so should be something done to protect the unborn babies xx

Ah I know how awful! But yes its abuse as far as Im concerned so should be something done to protect the unborn babies xx

Yeah I agree!
I didn't realize that when baby is inside you it has no rights and can't be protected by social services. My midwife was telling me about it.

I didn't realize that when baby is inside you it has no rights and can't be protected by social services. My midwife was telling me about it.

I didn't realise that either... i'm sure that if you cause a pregnant women to lose her child by hitting her or in a car accident or something that you can get done for manslaughter - doesn't that mean the child had rights?

Urgh, it's all confusing this legal stuff :dohh:

I didn't realise that either... i'm sure that if you cause a pregnant women to lose her child by hitting her or in a car accident or something that you can get done for manslaughter - doesn't that mean the child had rights?

Urgh, it's all confusing this legal stuff :dohh:

I'm sure I've heard that if you hit a pregnant woman in the stomach or cause a accident where the baby dies, you can get done for manslaughter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back