Pillows

maybebaby

Reaction score
What age are you supposed to give a pillow? And do you knoe the reasons?

Austin has been sleeping terribly recently, waking up anything up to 6 times a night. I noticed the one night he did well (only woke up twice) he had his head resting on his cuddly hippo when I went to check him in the morning.

I've tried him with a thin pillow for the last few nights and he's suddenly gone back to waking once if at all! It's amazing!

I'm sure I'd read somewhere that they shouldn't have pillows until much older so do you think it's a problem letting him have one now?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

you can get that foggerty one from Toys R Us as well - says not recommended for under 12 months

The only reason I can think is in case they get there head somehow underneath it.

Oran sleeps really peacfully is he ever has a sleep at my mums in the big bed on a pillow, he loves it!

I cant imagine giving him one now though, he is usually all over his cotbed from top to bottom and side to side so his head wouldnt stay on it for 5 mins!

I gave Nathan one when he was about 10 months cos he was starting to look uncomfortable in bed. He loves his pillow and does sleep better with it.

Thanks ladies. I'm going to leave Austin with the pillow because he does sleep better with it and doesn't wriggle around in his cot nearly as much now. He can sit & stand up too so if he did wriggle under the pillow he'd easily be able to get out again. It's a thin hypoallergenic one so should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back