Piano Playing Neighbour - HELP

EllieBelle

Reaction score
We have just moved back to our cottage, having been in France for the last year. We only lived here for a couple of months before we moved over to France, so my neigbours piano playing didnt really bother me too much.

Well now Im back its driving me absolutely insane......they have it against a dividing wall, and when they play it might as well be in our living room its so loud, due to the chimney breast its also very loud in our bedroom too.

I am dreading the arrival of our little one as its going to keep us all awake and make me really irrate!

It generally starts around 8.30am as their daughter (the main pianist), is on school holidays at the moment, but once she is back at school it used to start around 7am......waking me up every morning.

Maybe its because Im pregnant that Im not as tolerant, but I just dont know how to address the situation, and I certainly dont want to upset them as we have always got on well.

Any ideas on how best to approach this, without falling out?

Many Thanks

I would go round there... bang on his door and bellow at the top of my voice 'SHUT THE FOOK UP OR I'LL STICK YOUR EBONY AND IVORYS UP YOUR ASS!'

That should do it! :D

I play the piano and tbh i would rather you come around the house and say that its disturbing you and "could we come to some sort of agreement? sort of thing.

Foxxi said:
I would go round there... bang on his door and bellow at the top of my voice 'SHUT THE FOOK UP OR I'LL STICK YOUR EBONY AND IVORYS UP YOUR ASS!'

That should do it! :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

One of our friends had the same problem but he was playing late at night I think she rang the council and they sent him a letter

get a violin and start screeching it at 6.30am right up against their wall. I'm sure they'll get the message :rotfl:

Hun, talk to them nicely, no anger. If they are pleasant people, and you seem to think they are, they will be happy to arrange a schedule. They may not be aware how loud it is in your house... Just think that they have kids too and know what babies are like with their need for sleep. Maybe agree that the wee lass plays after school, rather than before. I also suggest that you mention that you hope the baby crying isnt too loud in their house when the time comes! :lol:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back