Photoshop advice needed please!

X5OT

Reaction score
Just wondering which version to buy really. One of the things I want to do is turn colour photos into black & white, but still have a splash of colour (for example a ball / flower etc)

Which version is best to get?

Thanks in advance!

if you don't want to do anything too advanced, you could just go for photoshop elements - its a stripped down, simplified version of photoshop but it does what you want (grayscale with colour)

:)

I got given a copy of paint shop pro 7, (not the original someone burned it off for me) and I find it covers everything I need,

As for the black and white thing I did this photo via a free internet photo editing site::

218-1.jpg

thanks for the replies! Photoshop elements in several hundred pounds cheaper than the full photoshop but having never used either I don't know what I'd be missing by not getting the full version. Hmm ...

if you're a library member, get out 'photoshop elements for dummies' - its a great book that explains all the functions of elements; that way you'll be able to see if it does what you want :)

tbh, i think photoshop elements would be fine for you - it contains all the day to day bits that most people use, but leaves out the more professional bits. i've got the full version and i don't use half of the stuff on it; i'm v software savvy but i i think i need lessons...!

sea-fairy said:
I got given a copy of paint shop pro 7, (not the original someone burned it off for me) and I find it covers everything I need,

As for the black and white thing I did this photo via a free internet photo editing site::

218-1.jpg

Wow! What site did you use to do that :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back