Photos of cervix throughout cycle **WARNING- GRAPHIC!**

meg_bellamy

Reaction score
Not my cervix but from this website- And a warning- the photos are graphic!

http://mybeautifulcervix.googlepages.com/

I think the photos are amazing and have helped me to understand my body and the changes it goes through at each stage of the cycle :) :)

One full cycle of Cervie Love...

I am a 25 year old woman who has never given birth.

My intention with this project was to better understand my cycle and the changes in my cervix throughout the month. As a student midwife, I used this project to help me see how a cervix might look different throughout the cycle in the absence of vaginal infections and to understand speculum exams. You may notice on the right side of some photos, some jagged looking skin, which is the remnants of my hymenal ring.

Each photo was taken at approx 10:00 pm every day starting the first day of my menstrual cycle. I re-used a plastic speculum (order one here) and macro function of normal digital camera (and a very talented boyfriend with a headlamp). For the duration of this project, we used condoms as our birth control method so as not to introduce semenal fluid into the photoshoot. I also charted my basal body temperature to notice when the post-ovulation rise in progesterone triggered a rise in my body's temperature.

They're slightly gross but really interesting! Fascinating link :)

Wow, that really is gross! :rotfl: but very interesting indeed. :clap: to her boyfriend for taking those pics and presumably still wanting to have sex with her afterwards :lol:

That was really interesting. I always wondered what a cervix looked like lol.

BTW I have never had stretchy CM like that :shock: Do you guys get that much? I never have noticed there being so much.

skairdykat said:
That was really interesting. I always wondered what a cervix looked like lol.

BTW I have never had stretchy CM like that :shock: Do you guys get that much? I never have noticed there being so much.
i found that interesting, and noi dont get that much either... :|

thats for posting that, i too found it very interesting!

Interesting and very obscure...thanks for sharing. I do not have much milky or stretchy...she has some very fertile fluids!

Very interesting indeed.

:shock:

that put me right off my breakfast!

How on earth did she get those pics??

^^ She used a plastic speculum (like what's used when a Dr does a pap smear) and macro function of normal digital camera- her bf took the photos.

I agree it is a bit gross (that's why I put a warning lol), I guess I am used to seeing things like this at uni but anyway, I think it's really fascinating what the female body can do! :) :) It really is amazing when you think about it!

Meg xx

TOTALLY GROSS!!!!! But really interesting and informative I wont be rushing out to buy a spectum and lamp to view mine. I'll keep it safe in my bush!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back