Worried about cough

LucyBee

Reaction score
Tom's got a bad cough and cold.

He is coughing CONSTANTLY tonight. I've got a humidifier going in his room to keep the air moist, his cot is propped up and I've got a Karvol vaporiser going so I've done EVERYTHING!

I've finally managed to get 5mls of Calcough down him too.

His cough is quite chesty but it's just constant. It's only properly woken him up twice so far so he must be coughing a lot in his sleep too.

Should I worry?

Lucyx

NHS Direct if you're worried Lucy :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
When Isaac was very bad I gave him one of our bed pillows, and he slept so peacefully despite his cough, though he wasn't as bad as what Tom sounds :( Hope it starts to ease now he has some medicine in him, phone the Emergency GP if he gets worse and you want him seen, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

TWINNY....u can always ting me night/day if u are worried or cant sleep for worry..hopefully the clcough has kicked in and he had some sleep last night :think: :think:

as i said ta ya on teh phone last night just watch for bronchiolitis signs...im not trying to worry u any more but if he has had it b4 he can be just that bit more prone to it - hopefully he wont as hes such a tough cookie.

ring me when u see this so i know how he is..will text u now actually.

hugs and more huigs for the two of u xx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

holly has it too, the 2nd time in 4 weeks! OH is still suffering as well. I think they keep passing it to each other!

hi my LO has this too my dr told me to try her with chestly cough medicine and calpol for 7-10 days and if it hadnt cleasred go see him, it didnt clear so he has had to give her antibiotics to shift it. she only wakes once in the night but she is still constanlty coughing which is horrible to listen too as you feel soo sorry for them. i hope he gets better soon.

xxxx

Thank you all for replying and being so lovely! :hug:

Took him to out-of-hours doctor this morning (great...a nice hour and a half wait :x ) and he said Tom has bronchiolitis again. :( Poor little thing.

I'm so glad I trusted my instincts this morning. OH said we should wait and so did my Mum but I just instinctively knew he wasn't right. We've got medicine and have to watch his breathing now until he's better. It can take up to 2 weeks to pass. Last time he ended up being admitted to hospital so fingers crossed we've caught this early enough to get him better more quickly.

Thanks everyone. Lxxxx

LucyBee said:
Thank you all for replying and being so lovely! :hug:

Took him to out-of-hours doctor this morning (great...a nice hour and a half wait :x ) and he said Tom has bronchiolitis again. :( Poor little thing.

I'm so glad I trusted my instincts this morning. OH said we should wait and so did my Mum but I just instinctively knew he wasn't right. We've got medicine and have to watch his breathing now until he's better. It can take up to 2 weeks to pass. Last time he ended up being admitted to hospital so fingers crossed we've caught this early enough to get him better more quickly.

Thanks everyone. Lxxxx

aawwwww poor Tom hun :hug: :hug: :hug:
Hope he gets through it quickly lil fighter that he is!
Bloody bronchiolitis :x

Hey Lucy :wave:

Hows Tom now? Hopefully getting over it now hun :hug: :hug:

Jox

Hi Jo,
Yes, thankfully he is on the mend.
I think we caught it early this time. Fingers crossed anyway.
I hate bronchiolitis. I think I'm going to campaign to get it banned.
Thank you for checking to see how he is. You're so kind! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back