Period type pains

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
I've been having these all day, they don't seem to be going away and I've had a few tightenings as well. Its not a bad pain as such, in fact I wouldn't even call it pain, more discomfort and a dull ache if that makes sense? Could it be because LO is engaging further? I also felt sick earlier after my dinner and thought I was going to chuck it back up! I didn't though and the sickness wore off after a few minutes. It did come on very suddenly, might have just over-eaten! Any one experienced this?

Hiya,

I get period-like pains most days now. They are quite strong, like the first real day of your period (back in the days!! :rotfl: ) but not exactly painful. I am not sure what it is, but I like to think its babs making his way down further.

could be the start of it all for you :D
It has to happen sometime so why not now, keep us posted hun :wink:

It could be baby getting nuzzled further down, I got them the other week really bad on a night time and it lasted hours, my midwife told me it was baby getting engaged more.

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

I've been having period type pains since around 37/38 weeks. At first I put it down to LO engaging but when I mentioned it to the midwife she said they were Braxton Hicks. I had to clarify that I wasn't getting any tightenings with it and she said that it was still BHs. I have feel sick a bit too, which I put down to heartburn-esque type symptoms :hug: It isn't very nice hun but hopefully means your body is getting ready :)

Thanks girls :hug: Was hoping it was the start of something but it all seems to have gone off today other than a few BH, still don't feel quite right though, don't feel ill as such, just not right if that makes sense? (probably not!) Will keep an eye on it all and think I'll do some housework just in case!

hi hun.... you sound like you feel like I do today!! Don't know what's up with me, I just don't feel 100%. I've got a headache and I've been having period pains on and off for about a week now... I thought one of the benfits of being pregnant was no period pains for 9 months!! :wall: :wall:

I'm starting to get loads of BH's right at the top of my tummy too and I've had the sick feeling too. I had to get out of the shower this morning because I thought I was going to throw up or pass out.....luckily I didn't do any because I lay down on the bed but It's no fun feeling like that.

hope you're feeling better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back