Period Type Pains?

Katy_89

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help here.

Last night I had the worst nights sleep. I kept being woken up repeatedly with really strong period pains low down at the front. They were strong enough to wake me up and keep me awake until they passed. I actually checked to see if I was bleeding too because it really felt like I would be (I wasn't). I felt my bump and it wasn't hard so it wasn't BH's or contractions I don't think.

Anyone know what it could be? xx

I've had them all evening too hun. I just take it as my body getting ready :)

its from what i have read a form of braxton hicks at the start they are across the top of bump then middle and as you progress in pregnancy can go right down and feel like period pains if you are worried ask your midwife. I had this with both of my pregnancies and from what i can tell its a good sign of your baby and body getting ready for the big day :) x x x

I had cramps for about 10 weeks before my son was born, i agree it could be BH but i think it has alot to do with stretching too. Pregnancy is such a comfortable time eh.....NOT! :lol: I would contact the midwife if it gets worse or you get worried xx

I would contact your midwife for a check, I had regular tightenings at 33 weeks and it turned out to be a water infection that I knew nothing about- it was putting me into early labour, which they wouldnt have stopped! Thats just me though! What you're experiencing is probably normal but I would get a check as everyone is different :)

I've only had it once since then so if I get it again I will mention it to the midwife at my next appointment. Along with my swelling down there :oops: God, pregnancy is so unglamorous, OH is most definitely not coming to this appointment for all those discussions :lol: xx

Last edited:
I have the puffy do dah as you know Katy.....pregnancy is ALLLL about the glamour eh!?!

Get it checked next time you see midwife Hun I had this at 30 weeks but was getting regular braxton hicks too and I had a water infection, all stopped with some anti biotics :)

I've only had it once since then so if I get it again I will mention it to the midwife at my next appointment. Along with my swelling down there :oops: God, pregnancy is so unglamorous, OH is most definitely not coming to this appointment for all those discussions :lol: xx

I'd take him along, it'll only prepare him for the birth :oooo:

I'd take him along, it'll only prepare him for the birth :oooo:

:rofl: Good point xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back