Period pains

Emma58

Reaction score
Just been to the doctors to get a sick note to take me up to Maternity Leave starting and I mentioned that I had been getting period type pains on and off over the last week and is this normal at this stage.

He said I should call hospital if I get them again - but loads of other ladies on here around my stage are getting them too aren't they?

I tried to explain they weren't cramps more of a constant heavy achy feeling that goes after a couple of hours. I don't want to be calling hospital every time I get these as I'm sure they are just my body preparing for labour but he's worried me now.

im a couple of weeks behind you hun and i get pains like that
think he just wanted to be on the safe side :)
manda xx

He probably was just being precautious (sp)

All I wanted him to say was ''Yes it's normal'' but Oh no he had to go and scare me didn't he?
He then went on to say you will probably be premature anyway as you have had placenta and fluid trouble :x

Not that im a doctor but id say thats perfectly normal. As the baby gets bigger and moves further down you get a constant pressure feeling. Its annoying more than painful. Sorry to say but it usually gets worse by the time ya full term! cant walk with ya legs together and you'll start walking like a cowboy! By the time id walked up a flight of stairs i had to sit down for a bit coz of the pressure. all the joys of pregnancy! :wall:

I doubt very much its contractions, you'll no when they are, trust me! :wink:

I'm still getting period pains but it's not worried me at all. When they're there it's just a constant dull ache rather than any contraction type pain. I normally get them when I wake up, and during the day when I'm walking.
I think the doctor is just being cautious, I wouldn't worry too much :hug: :hug:

oh dear he doesnt seem to helpfull does he
just ring the hospital if the pain gets worse ive had some bad ones but not bad enough for me to worry just yet :)
manda xx

I got woken up by period pains last night, I just tried ignoring them and went back to sleep and havent had them since. Your doc is probably being cautiuous, he prob didnt mean to scare you. Men are crap at phrasing things right :roll:
xx

muppetmummy said:
I'm still getting period pains but it's not worried me at all. When they're there it's just a constant dull ache rather than any contraction type pain. :

Thats how i'd describe how mine feel.
Grr wish I had never mentioned it to him now.

Thanks girls for making me feel better :hug: :hug: :hug:

LOL in fact i have got them now and I have just walked around ASDA so i probably get them after walking too

It's probably caused by all the pressure the babies putting on all the ligaments down there. I hate to think how squashed our organs must be by now too, I feel out of breath everytime I bend down from my chest and stomach getting squashed. Its no wonder we're in pain!

hi hun

as you know i have been getting them too, yes more like a dull ache but can be quite sore and i need to take painkillers.

take it easy hun
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back