period after labour??

mummytoBee

Reaction score
i gave birth tomy son 6 weeks ago, and i still havent had a period? when am i suppossed to get 1 lol x

hi hun when did you stop bleeding after the birth? i think its about 4-8 weeks after you stop bleeding but im not sure. if you havent had a period by your 8 week check i would mention it to your doc and maybe they will have more advice.

xxxxx

I think I may be getting mine today :evil: and my son is 8 weeks old.

Cx

My friend didn't get hers for nine months after her first son was born (apart from the post labour bleeding). She was breastfeeding on demand and thought that that had something to do with it.

Evie is 6months and I still haven't had one, that means including pregnancy I haven't had a period for 15months :cheer: :cheer: ......heaven!!!

- I am breastfeeding on demand and I know that makes a difference.

jayde is now 4 months old and im botle feeding and havent had a period yet went to the doctors the other day about it and they did some blood tests so will c what comes back

I bottle fed Charlie and had my first period when he was 11 weeks

i am bottle feeding Willow and i got my first period at about 3 months.

my girls nearly 9 weeks and i havent had one :cheer: im bf on demand

My MW said I won't get a period until I stop breastfeeding George :shock: Although I'm not complaining. I'd be happy never to have another period again! :hug:

I was just about to post about periods. I am quite sure I had one about 10 days after having Seb. I bled for 1 week after giving birth, 4 days later I started bleeding again, I had crampy period pains, bled for 3 days and nothing since.
My question is....has anyones periods gone back to normal after having their first period after birth, and did anyone have a period so soon after birth??? If it was my period then it has been 5 weeks since. not sure how long I should wait for my next period :think: :think:
Any ideas anyone?

Everyones body is different so could get periods at any time & breastfeeding makes a difference too. I bled for 6 weeks then had a period at 8 weeks, they went back to normal straight away.

i only managed to feed for 3 days as i didnt have any milk, and no support form my mw.. anyway.. i blead for about4-5 weeks and had my period about a week after thet and periods returned to normal after that..would be bliss if i can breast feed and have no periods this time!!whoohoww

Hmmm, I'm a bit confused.

We were planning to try for a second baby as soon as our first one is born - we want them to have more or less the same age. I want to breastfeed as well though. Does that mean that for the duration of me breastfeeding my first we won't be able to try for a second baby? :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back