period after m/c

amy

Reaction score
:cry: hi can any tell me what there period should be like after m/c? im in agony and have a very heavy flow ......... its not like a proper period pain, the pain is very low down, also is it ok to use tampons? this period is up setting me, i keep thinking i wasn't suppossed to have a period for 9 months!! amy xxxxx

Hi Amy,

I had exactly the same as you after my m/c. Very heavy period and very painful.

It's best not to use tampons if you're bleeding after the miscarriage (my doctor said to use sanitary towels only) BUT, if it's just your first period after your m/c (mine came about five weeks after) then you should be ok to use tampons.

I hope this makes sense! I seem to have managed to make it sound very complicated!

Anyway, i hope this helps. I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope you're doing ok - it's such a sad time. :cry:

Lucyx

Hi Amy,

As Lucy said.. don't use Tampons if you have any clots or if the bleeding is very heavy. I too had a very heavy AF after my m/c last August.. I had only just stopped bleeding from the m/c and then 2 days of nothing.. then full on AF again.. I was so upset but at least I knew my body was returning to normal.

If you have a few AFs that are very heavy I suggest you try to get a scan to ensure that there is nothing left in your uterus.. thats what happened to me and they found a polyp which had to be removed.. not very nice but at least they sorted it and I was able to get my bfp again in Dec!!

take care and good luck xxx

I am very confused at the mo I bled for 6 days with m/c then stopped(bled 2 days after bean left on the 9th) but I have had spotting this week twice very light and only on wiping. I haven't used contraceptives, but obviously due to bleeding and my head being messed up, only had sex twice since I stopped bleeding. Has anyone else had spotting after M/C? and how will I know when my Af is due?
this is doing my head in I keep thinking here comes af then the spotting goes as fast as it came.

Hiya,

I'm in a similar boat at the moment (ie, waiting) though I don't have spotting. I bled for 6 days after MC on 29 April, but after that I've had nothing apart from EWCM the last few days.

Unless you're tracking ovulation then there's no real way of knowing when AF is due (ie, if you can pinpoint ovulation, you'll know that AF's on its way 10-16 days later). I haven't ovulated yet and I'm on CD24. All that we can do is wait, which I agree with you is very annoying!

Regarding the spotting, I would make an appointment with your doctor to help put your mind at rest, rather than worrying about it on your own.

thanks Laura, I know i should go to the doctors but I am still in a mood with him for being really unhelpful when I was miscarrying and I know it's silly but i don't want to cry in front of him as I have been fighting him about going on anti-depressants for yrs and he thinks they will cure my life.
I might call the nhs direct see what they think but they usually say go to the doctors lol. I haven't been tracking my ovulation so I am kinda at a loss I spose I will have to just wait and let nature take her course. I am learning there are no hard and fast rules about all of this and each woman seems to have had differing experiences and stuff happen to them.
good luck on ttc everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back