Peoples experiences with getting anti sickness drugs

abbey

Reaction score
I finally rang the doctor as i really can't cope with this sickness anymore, i've got an appointment on thursday. The problem is my own dr is on annual leave so I'm seeing one i don't know and I'm really worried he/she will say no. I feel sick literally all day, it's worse in the morning and in the evening, i'm often sick at night. I have 3 kids at home, the youngest is 15 months and i just can't cope, i'm in tears a lot of the time and it really is making me so depressed. I had it for 5 months last time and this time is much worse. What are my chances of getting some help? :(

Hi abbey,
my husband get prescibed anti-sickness drug called motillium, and when i was pregnant with Evie i asked the doctors if i could take them. she said it was a definate no-no before 12 weeks, and wouldnt recommend it after 12 weeks either as they didnt know the effects they may have on a pregnant womans baby. She told me id just have to try natural remidies :roll: .
Im sorry your feeling so crappy, i hope your doctor manages to get something for you. :hug:

I've tried all the natural remedies, nothing works. My midwife recommended going to the dr, she said there are several low strength anti sickness drugs you can take and she seemed to think i was a good candidate. I'm just worried cos i don't know the dr, some of them are so unsympathetic and i know i will stert blubbibg if he says no.

hiya, first i'm going to send lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
As i know too well about sickness as i was admitted to hospital 4 times before i was 12 weeks with my son due to sickness!

In the end the doctor did prescribe me a anti-sickness drug called cyclazine(sp?) i had it from being admitted until owen was born, and he is a healthy and vry active toddler.

i lost over 2 1/2 stone at the beginning of the pregnancy and the drug just enabled me to eat a slice of toast with out being :puke: .

So i was very grateful. :D

i too suffered quite badly in my first 4 months of pregnancy and lost a stone and a half. I was given a tablet called Stemetil (not sure how to spell it). It didn't stop me being sick, but i think it did reduce the frequency.

I hope they give you something, you have my sympathy :hug:

i had a very bad migraine and i was violently sick for 5 hours straight... luckily got myself to the doctors and she give me anti sickness straight away i got 30 tablets too... rather lucky by the sounds of it

My doc has given me promethazine (which you can buy over the counter called avonmine) that's usually the first line prescription. The us use something called unisom and b6 vit and its also prescribed in Canada! We don't have it hear but you can order from amazon. Probably worth checking with docs but if you google it there are medical papers saying its the safest thing out there.

Hope you feel better soon x

I went to the doctor when i was 8 weeks having lost a stone and a half and getting really depressed about the whole thing, she gave my 60 cyclizine tablets once she was sure i had tried all the natural remedies and they hadnt worked. I am now nearly 13 weeks and only having to take them once in a while. But she was happy to give them to me.

Aww i really feel for you- with my first preganancy i had hypermeisis up till 24 weeks ...dr tried me on avomine, buccoson (spelling is probably wrong) they dissolve under your lip but taste so funny they actually made me sick and then at the hospital they prescribed me something else (I'll look up the name later) unfortuantly for me they werent very affective- but if you have triggers try and combat those- before i came down stairs in the morning hubby would open all windows in house as the smell downstairs use to make me sick (goodness knows why?!) and I would sip drinks in the morning slowly and only eat dry toast in the morning.... never get on a bus or car just after eating either etc... sorry i cant be much help but thinking of you xxx

So sorry to hear that sweetie. I have Hyperemesis again (had the same with my 1st) and I have just came out of hospital after 4 days of care and a drip due to severe dehydration. I am now on Ondansetron, Metoclopramide, Ranitidine and a number of other drugs which seem to be easing it a little. I know exactly how you feel Hun and I am finding it almost impossible to function. I would go to your doctor and see if they can prescribe you Metoclopramide first or Domperidom as they can initially work. If you are still unable to function I would get to A&E as you may need sickness drugs IV and a little hydration. Feel free to PM me as I am going through the exact same thing and it can be a lonely place if no-one has experienced it. It will get easier though.. Even when I had Hyperemesis last time I managed to eat from around week 22 and only had a relapse at 37 weeks so it did get easier..

Lots of love to you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back