Peanuts in pregnancy!

Keely

Reaction score
GREAT!! just heard on the news that new studies show that avoiding peanuts in pregnancy may be the worse then eating them!!!!

I have gone through 2 pregnancies not eating peanuts!!!!!!!! and i love them!!!!!

I even have a packet in my labour bag for when this baby is out!!!!

Shall i just eat them?????? I am so angry, I feel like all the advise we follow must ALL be crap!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Some sources say eat them, some say don't.

I'd suggest that a level of normality would be fine, so don't avoid them completely, but don't uber binge on them...

There are so many things with peanut oil in, I couldn't be bothered to cut out everything cos that would include a lot of chocolates and cakes...

I ate them through my pregnancy, but hey, whichever you choose :) I'd say though if there's things to argue either way, then probably neither source knows what they're on about.

LOL but that's just me.

I ate peanuts when i was pregnant... i was told you only needed to avoid them if you had any family allergys(sp) to them :?

no if your family has allergies to anything, ie hayfever, escama (SP) etc!

I am honestly so angry, i feel like a fool for believing all the CRAP! xxx

Ive had them the odd time in choc bars but just not gone OTT with em :lol:

I'm not crazy about them but I had them a few times as I craved snickers from time to time but that's about it - I've also heard that if you have an allergy in your family then you should avoid them, otherwise it's fine. Who knows though... :think:

I cant get over how angry i am .... i feel like i shouldnt believe all this crap anymore, dont do this dont do that!! Boll*x

I'm sorry but I think that the whole peanut thing is rubbish.... I ate peanuts with Tia and both my parents have asthma and I had childhood asthma, I now get really bad rhinitis and hay fever... I also had eczema... My daughter has come out of it with no allergies at all... And she is extremely healthy. She had really bad glue ear when we lived in the UK, but the minute she had the grommets fitted, and we moved to Spain, it all cleared up.

I think the increase in asthma and allergies with children in the UK is down to poor diet and ultra clean surroundings...

Asthma and allergies are really rare here and most kids have a very strict Mediterranean diet... it's too expensive to buy fast/frozen foods, its cheaper to buy fresh... Plus in schools, the kids get one three course meal a day that consists of soup/salad, a meat/fish with pasta/veg and dessert thats either yogurt or fruit only.. Once a month they might get a burger and chips with ice cream... but thats only once a month or last day of term. But there are no choices, its either that or go hungry... there are no packed lunches either, if you don't want your kid eating school meals, you have to collect them and take them home.

If your child is going to have allergies, they are likely to come even if you do avoid peanuts...I just can't believe that the reason the UK has such high levels of asthma and allergies is purely down to the fact that mothers must be munching their way through oceans of peanuts... It has to be something else, because other countries don't tell you to avoid peanuts yet have lower rates of asthma and allergies. :roll:

I agree with Squiglet. When I was pregnant with my elsest I avoided absolutely everything with nuts in and he had eczema. With my daughter I ate them if I felt like it but wasn't worrying about it and she's never had anything.

I ate them when pg with kieran schmieran head and he has really bad eczema so I sort of blame myself for that

i had 2 avoid them (and still do as im BFing) coz my boyf has an allergy. and it was really annoying coz i really craved peanut butter and nutella!
i hope iv done the right thing :(

I've found this article with mentions that the UK government, in light of the fact that the UK have high rates of allergies, yet are one of the few countries that tell their mums to be not to eat peanuts, might actually have been wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1798

Seemingly other countries wean their babies on peanut based products yet have lower rates of allergies etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back