Payment for going to Court for Work!!

Butterflykisses

Reaction score
In another thread you may have read that I had to go to court on Friday as a witness for a work case. I expected to get a days pay for this even though I am on Maternity leave as they were the ones told me I had to be there. Today I got a phone call to say the they only will pay me whatever extra I would have got had I been working full time so basically -

full days pay - what paid whilst on maternity = what I would get for sitting in court for 7 hours!!!

Is this right or are they pulling a fast one??

If you work a standard 7.5hr day I'd say it's reasonable, KIT days are paid at your usual rate, so prob the same. As you helped them win I think it's mean they haven't given you a token of their thanks as it has saved them forking out compensation even if it was just £100 :(

Last edited:
I think they are right in what they've told you. Although are you allowed to claim for any travelling/parking expenses etc if you've paid out more than you would've usually done in a working day? I would think you could claim that if you would normally be entitled to that had you been working.

Have claimed mileage and lunch and quite surprisingly got paid it this week as usually takes few weeks for such claims to be processed :) As I work for local government they won't give bonus even though case was won - too afraid of auditors lol At least other payments are correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back