Paranoid?!

Flame

Reaction score
If your OH was asked to work away in another country for a few days, when would you expect them to refuse? A couple of weeks before the baby is due? or more than that?

Or would you not expect them to refuse at all?

Just lately i have been really paranoid about my OH and he has been asked to work in another country for a couple of days and i hate being on my own as it is, doubled with this paranoia i know its really going to do my head in. Plus what would happen if i was to go into premature labour for any reason!

Sorry :?

my OH has a holiday booked around the time baby is due :x
i know what ur going through, ur not being paranoid hun :)

i would EXPECT him to refuse as soon as i go full-term, but i would WANT him to refuse from NOW! i'd probably have a strop if he went.

I would expect him to refuse around 36 weeks. I would hope he's have the sense to before then, lol!

But if it was now when i'm only 27 weeks i'd be ok with it.

Lau
xx

I will be nearly 32 weeks when he goes.

He has said he wont agree to anything yet and i feel bad and selfish for letting him know i am not to happy about it as i know it is part of his job that they ask him to go to another country for a while and it does look better for him for going.

I wouldn't want him to go away now for any length of time....another country or not, but I am officially classed as full term today :shock:

Anything up to 35 weeks I don't think I would mind really, I'd feel a bit lonely but if it was important for work then I think it would be ok.

It really depends on you though hun, and at the end of the day if you're not comfortable with it, and you've told him as such, then you've done the right thing.

:hug:

Up until 36 weeks I wouldn't mind, well I probably would mind but I wouldn't say no if it was work related as his company is based in Sweden anyway.

If it was a holiday would be a big no no!

I'm used to A going backwards and forward to Sweden anyway though luckily not without me during this pg.

It's quite normal though to feel insecure and different about things that usually wouldn't bother you when you're pregnant. :hug:

I hate it when he goes out and has fun! How weird am I :rotfl:

My OH travels all the time for work, he's just come back from a tour of Europe (we live in the States now) and I was quite lonely for those 10 days as I don't have any family or many friedns over here but it's his job that puts food on our table! (Oh, I'm such a kept woman now!!) :roll:

He generally has to travel at least once a month, and for at least one over night stay, of course I'd prefer it if he was at home with me but take the time to be really selfish, pamper yourself, eat all those things that you fancy, paint your nails etc...! He'll be back to spoil your fun before you know it!

my DH stayed at his mates the other night so he could have a drink and wouldn't have to drive home...he does do this fairly regulary but last Friday was the first time i felt what if i was in labour how would he get back.

I think the fact it is work makes it harder to say no than if it were for pleasure

Hi

I wouldnt let him go but thats just me :D
He knows not to even question that though!!
Tell him how you feel hun and im sure he would be disappointed if he wasnt there for your LO's arrival
Katrina

I have spoken to him about it and i think he is going to tell them that he cant give them an answer until about a week before just to be on the safeside and my mum has said that if it really has to come to it she will stay with me cause i dont like being on my own overnight.

Hello Flame :hug:
It's lovely to hear your Mum has said she will stay with you if you need her :) I think it's great that you've spoke to your OH about your feelings, and all I would say is for the time being don't let it cause you more worry, wait until a decision has to be decided and see how you both feel then, and until then continue to enjoy each other and your LO, very best wishes :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back