• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paranoid help

Leanne and Andy

Reaction score
Ok so a week ago my little bundle of joy and lovliness was pulled from my tummy... Ahhhhh. Now the trouble begins! :wall2: Oliver is perfect and nothing will be ever too much for him..id die for him but i am getting stressed to death with worry. A few things hes a sicky baby which MW said its ok and common BUT i spend hours sat up beside his moses basket falling alseep sat up watching incase hes sick when im alseep...What if he chokes on it or somthing????? Also last night and this morning he hasnt pooed (hes feeding ok) and when he cries he screws his legs up..? Does he have tummy ache? what can i do? (Hes sleeping peacefully at the min), Also his umbilical stump looks ready to depart but the round bit of belly its attached to is yellowey and gooey? Is this normal? My MW dosnt come now til monday...im scared summats gunna go wrong..I cant eat, sleep or anything...Advice please? Hes a week old..whats normal and what isnt? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sorry with the no advice part - but i hope someone comes along soon to rescue you! im not a big worrier about things so id prob just assume hes ok lol thats just how i am though, try not to worry too much, everyone tells me now babies arent as fragile as they look, if hes feeding and sleeping ok then chances are hes alright, with the poo thing, i think they can have a few days of no poo or whatever (im just telling you what ive been told i havent actually got a baby yet lol)

Hope im not talking rubbish and someone comes along soon to help x

Oh bless you, I was the same when Cahal was tiny!

Are you breast or bottle feeding? Cahal didn't poo for almost a week when he was first born (he did his meconium poo in hospital then that was it!) and it wasn't until he was around 4 weeks old that we were getting a poo every day - oh how I wish it was still like that - now I get up to 8 lol! Cahal is breast fed, and it's absolutely normal for their pooing to be sporadic :)

Re umbilical stump - Cahal's also went yellowy and gooey just before it came off, the midwife said it looked OK but did a swab anyway to check to infection, It turned out that was strep in there but thankfully it didn't take hold. We didn't even get the swab results until 10 days later at which point it had all fallen off and healed anyway. It might be worth a ring to your midwife if you're worried about how it looks, they might be able to send someone out sooner than Monday, which would be worth it to put your mind at rest.

I can't really help with the sicky thing I'm afraid, I'm VERY lucky because Cahal isn't a sicky baby - he's only thrown up once all this time....hopefully someone will be able to help though :)

I can totally understand about you worrying about Oliver all the time, us first time mums can only work on instinct, and our instinct tells us to make sure our LOs are safe at all times. Just go with things, do what feels natural and you, and Oliver will be just fine :)

x

Hi hun stop panicking!!!! My little girl is two weeks now and exactly the same her belly button went gooey when the cord fell off and midwife said that's normal just keep cleaning with cotton wool and warm water!! She is also a sicky baby ecspecialy after feeding!!! Projectile or what lol x trust me if your little one is sick even if your asleep you'll know about it x the slightest noise she makes and my eyes are wide open checking on her xxxx :) hope this helps x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try not to worry so much hun i know it's hard but like keljordan said any slight noise your baby makes whilst your asleep you will hear and wake up, it's our instinct to. Ethans belly button was exactly the same and healed fine. And i remember him not pooing for a while my mw just said to offer cooled boiled water and everything will sort itself out. Xxx

Like the ladies said it all sounds normal. All babies are different and i've had two sicky ones now! lo isn't sick all the time but usually brings a little up after each feed - particulaly if she has had too much out of comfort - she rarely is sick in her cot though. I have a sensor mat that makes a noise is she doesn't breath for 20 seconds and it has gone off when its not positioned right which was a worry, but now she is bigger this doesn't happen. I would recommend one if you can afford it - i often sit watching the green light that indicates she is breathing - it saves going upstairs to check every five mins! We all worry and i have worried just as much this time as i did with my first! Just make sure your eating and sleeping enough because at least then you are looking after yourself so you have lots of energy for your gorgeous babe x
Love your avator Lauren - he looks like a right chunky boy

love it when they get rolls round their legs - hes gorgeous x

all sounds so normal.

annabelle was a sicky baby too and it turned out she had mild relux. lots can help with that esp if your formula feeding.

you dont need to watch him sleep but i do know how you feel. he will be fine and you watching and rescuing him everytime he stirs isnt neccessary i promise.

just make sure hes thoroughly winded (helps loads with the being sick), well fed and comfortable and he will be a very happy healthy baby as you will be doing all you can.

good luck x

Hope why do you do to help with the reflux? Liv has it after her milk everytime x

I think Madison has this too just thus morning she woke me with her crying and I could tell she was panicking!! She had a few bubbles coming from her mouth and she looked like she was gasping for air :( I calmed her down and eventually tried her with her bottle, she took some but not much and kept stopping between gulps! Anyone else had an experience like this?? She frightened me to bloody death!!! X

Hope why do you do to help with the reflux? Liv has it after her milk everytime x

You can add baby gaviscon to milk or ranitidine half an hour before a feed (both easy to get on prescription) gripe water after a feed helps and staying upright for half an hour after each feed really helps a lot. Thicker milk like staydown / comfort. I didnt know Liv had it aswell. a pain isnt it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back