paranoid about head shape

inky

Reaction score
Thankfully Cahal has been blessed with a lovely round head :) I'm totally paranoid about him getting a flat spot though - one of my cousins had a baby 6 months before me and her little boy has the worst flat spot I've ever seen, the whole of the back of his head is flat and it's made me super paranoid Cahal will end up the same!!

He doesn't lie back with his head square, it's always facing left or right, and I do try to remember to alternate which way he's looking once he's asleep but most mornings I get up and find him facing left so he obviously shifts position during the night. Is there anything else I can do?

I feel awfully guilty for thinking so badly about my cousins babys head....he's so beautiful in every other way and she's absolutely distraught about it all

Hi
I bought a little cushion which has a hollow centre, it's red and heart shaped, got it online-was about 12 quid and it's meant to be an anti flat head pillow. It's called -BabyMoov Lovenest Baby Head Support Pillow

Owen seems to find it comfy, sometimes I worry if it raises his head too much...I just need something to worry about!

Maybe worth looking into?
x

ooh, not heard of them, thanks Minchin!

I'm not sure how well they work but so far no flat head on Owen, my cousin recommended it. He looks pretty funny when swaddled up and then on his cushion as it surrounds his head, like a pharoah or something, I'm not quite sure!!

Inky I suppose the fact that little Cahal is changing his head position himself will probably help keep his head nice and rounded?

Inky I suppose the fact that little Cahal is changing his head position himself will probably help keep his head nice and rounded?

I really don't know, I think I'm just worrying too much lol! He definitely favours the left

I've worried about that before and do a little now as lo sleeps on her back (she slept on tummy for the first two months) but thankfully none of mine have a flat spot. I think as long as they are not continually on their bak and have tummy time sitting up time and play time other than on their back they will be fine. Pillow sounds great though i will look into that to x

E had the worst flat head i've ever seen when she was a baby, it was horrible! i got like a memory foam type pillow and that seemed to help! her dad got a cot mirror for her xmas too and cos she always slept with her head to the left, i put it on the right and it got her attention and made her turn her head the other way! now you really cant tell! my doctor said to me as well that its a lot more common these days because of the whole back to sleep thing, so in school and that it wont be an issue! if you want, i've still got the cushion, i can see if its washable and pop it in the post if you like? although i understand entirely if you dont!

Jacob used to have weirdest chapped head because he always looked left but it has corrected itself now and you can hardly tell. I used to worry myself about it bit it turned out ok xx

Same here Toonlass, Brandon always used to sleep on one side hence that side got really quite flat but also corrected itself out and now he has a lovely round head :) x

if you want, i've still got the cushion, i can see if its washable and pop it in the post if you like? although i understand entirely if you dont!

aah that's really lovely of you :) I don't want to be a pain tho, and to be honest am being totally paranoid cos his head is fine lol! I do appreciate the offer though, and I'll let my cousin know about those cushions, it's difficult to bring it up in conversation but I'll have a go, hopefully she will see I'm only trying to help :) x

I spoke to my mum about this last night and she pointed that his head will change whilst he's getting bigger hehe.....god I paranoid haha. Always got to worry about something!

lol i was so paranoid about Ks head and my mum used to tell me how ridiculous i was being! but Es really was bad but mum said she didnt want to mention it til i did lol! i'll see if i can find a pic, you really cant tell now that she had a flat head!

that was her head when she was about 3 months old! not a very clear pic buy you can see its not round!

Attachments

• flat head.jpg
    flat head.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member