Paracetamol

tots hope

Reaction score
When i was in hospital the other day the SHO said it was ok for me to take paracetamol but she didn't say what dose - anyone got any idea?

I have only taken 1 x 500mg but the packet says to take 2 but doesn't mention anything about pregnancy apart from consult your GP. Not needing to take any at the mnute but just wondered what was the right amount to take? If no-one knows don't worry i have the MW a week today so i can always ask then. Also got another scan on thursday so might be able to ask at the hospital x x x

I think 2 x 500mg is the max dose every 4-8 hours.

Hey Tots, don't know the answer to your question but wanted to ask about your scan. Is it a 7 week scan? I have one of those booked as I lost my last one at 7 weeks and am just hoping to get some peace of mind out of it. You say it's your second scan, when did you have your first one and are you going private?

Becs

When I came out of hospital after I hurt my back.. the doctors said that I could only take 1g of paracetamol per day... ( :shock: I cried at this because I was in so much pain)...

But my GP said I could take 1g twice a day. But that is what my GP said here in Spain, and they really don't care about the mothers here and that their angst might effect the baby.

If the recommended does is 2x500g every 4 to 8 I would say you are safe to take that amount. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back